Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spray on bug release/remover??

Hey all... Adam...

I have been using for the last 3 or so years a spray on bug remover from Seafoam. The stuff is amazing. You spray it on a dry car, let it sit for 30 seconds or so, spray again and then wipe off the bugs with a wet MF towel or mitt.

I am guessing it's an enzymatic product but that's just a guess. Here in IA our bugs are kamikaze like and the June bugs are stupid big. We need all the help we can get and scrubbing is out IMO.:thumbsup: I just make sure I wax them up after using it.

Soooo... My question to you is... Are you or can you develop something like this? The Seafoam comes in to small of a bottle IMO. I use a lot of it when I clean my cars.

Cheers,

Chris

In Fl we have Luv bugs and they'll cover your car in 1 trip. The best thing I found for them is Dryer sheets. The type you put in the dryer with your clothes. It also works with other bugs, just wet them and wipe the bugs off. Then your hands smell really clean too.:thumbsup:

No need for fancy bug remover stuff here. The bugs come...

bugjuice.jpg

I break out my, "I pity the fool..." look...

gameface.jpg

...and after a little treatment from my bag of Adam's Polishes, Blue Thunder reigns again!

number_2ed.jpg

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:junkman hahahaha the pic with the buffer was:loser::lolsmack:j/p blue thunder?omg thats so cool!!:rockon:

• 4 weeks later...

Is it safe to hit the front end with APC to loosen up bug guts? Obviously, Im not talking about leaving the product on there for more than a couple minutes or so...Just enough to help out a little on the nasty, mustard splatter looking mess.

I know I asked this in another thread, so my apologies if it was answered there and I didnt see it

Is it safe to hit the front end with APC to loosen up bug guts? Obviously, Im not talking about leaving the product on there for more than a couple minutes or so...Just enough to help out a little on the nasty, mustard splatter looking mess.

I know I asked this in another thread, so my apologies if it was answered there and I didnt see it

I would dilute it at least 50/50 first and wouldn't leave it on long. But if you have ever smelled some of the bug and tar removers out there I would think APC would be much safer, but that is just my opinion :2thumbs:

But if you have ever smelled some of the bug and tar removers out there I would think APC would be much safer, but that is just my opinion :2thumbs:

Most of them smell like something that could've been used to gas people out of trenches in WW I.

Before a wash, I hit the bottom 1/3 of the car and entire front bumper with a product similar to the APC. It really helps to not only de-bug gut, but also to loosen road grime and ultimately give you a really smooth wash - it's a good procedure to follow if you've recently polished out the car.

Yea, someone broke into my garage and stole a bunch of stuff. Since then, I've been confronting every noise with my Glock. Caught a few neighbors by surprise as they were taking out their garbage. Now they look at me like that "crazy ol' Marine with the itchy trigger finger".

I really don't like most bug/tar removers out there... with limited exposure I've seen them discolor headlights, metal, and textured plastic badly. A lot of them have pretty nasty chemicals that just aren't safe for your finish.

The only product I've found thats safe and effective to use most of the time is Poorboys Bug Squash, but personally I use a little APC, never in direct sunlight and don't let it dwell for too long and it usually does the trick of loosening up those insect corpses.