Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hybrid GDWM

chops1sc

Question

I did a maintenance wash for a repeat customer and I wanted to try this Hybrid GDWM where you use the foam cannon/gun, one bucket with regular shampoo, and about 6-8 MF towels.

The car wasn't terribly dirty but they just came back from a cruise and the car sat for 7 days. It took a few passes to get used to the different feel of the towel in my hand rather than a wash pad, but once I got the hang of it I was enjoying it. I was more confident than ever that I was not introducing dirt into the wash bucket. I will probably use this method more often. It even felt faster (probably wasn't lol).

So for those of you that don't want to stop using the foam cannon and the 2BWM but are wanting to get onto the rinseless game I highly recommend trying the Hybrid GDWM. Who knows, I might end up converting to rinseless all the way!

8C26371E-C9EC-4C76-AD1B-20C1BF3AD0DB.jpg

6 answers to this question

This method is amazing! It is my go to method when it comes to a rinseless wash or to a 1 bucket foam cannon wash, my only difference is that I use multiple wash mitts when it comes to the 1 bucket/foam cannon wash instead of multiple towels. I might have to try multiple towels though. If you don't mind me asking what was the GSM were the towels you used? 

Edited by jakerodz7

So you basically did the rinseless method but with a bucket of soapy water and the foam cannon/gun? I am surprised Ive never tried this, but after this review I am going to give it a shot this weekend.  Do you think me using single soft towels would work fine? 

I have used single soft towels for "bucket of towels" wash media and really liked them. Not the least expensive towels in the world for the application, but they seemed to glide nicely over the paint and being white in color made it easy to see what was being removed from the surface.  

I have used single soft towels for "bucket of towels" wash media and really liked them. Not the least expensive towels in the world for the application, but they seemed to glide nicely over the paint and being white in color made it easy to see what was being removed from the surface.  

Thanks for your feed back brother. I know they aren't the cheapest option either but since I already have a whole container of them for my rinseless washes I figure I would used them for this as well, glad to hear you've used them successfully! 

So you basically did the rinseless method but with a bucket of soapy water and the foam cannon/gun? I am surprised Ive never tried this, but after this review I am going to give it a shot this weekend.  Do you think me using single soft towels would work fine? 

This is exactly what I did. I also left the soap on the car like a regular 2BW and rinsed off in the end.