Customer Service 866.965.0400

Northern winters effect clear coat?

20thirteenFX4eco

Question

Ok, so I'm having an odd issue with my truck and I need some opinions from you guys. Here's the story...

So, I bought a new-to-me truck from my buddy that lives in New Jersey. Im from Texas. The truck is a 2011 Ford F-250 in Tuxedo Black for what its worth. The truck has stayed outside for its entire life, and my buddy wasn't as diligent with cleaning as I am. In other words, it sat dirty a lot. The issue I'm having is that I'm getting light holograms here and there after every wash. Now, Im washing as correctly as possible. Clean pad, two buckets etc. Ive never had this issue before, even with the same exact paint color on my old truck. The truck was corrected by a buddy of mine right after I bought it, and other than some small surface scratches, it was perfect. He just did a single stage polish on it, so I knew I'd still have some surface scratches. The big thing is that it was hologram free after the correction, but I can't stop finding new ones after every wash! You'd think I was using a filthy wash mitt! Is it possible that the northern winters have made the clear coat super sensitive or something? Its driving me nuts! Any help is appreciated!

Edited by 20thirteenFX4eco

9 answers to this question

It's very possible they used fillers. They could've used a glaze or something to "hide" the holograms and when you wash the truck the product is coming off. That's just an idea.

I agree with this. My TBSS lives outside and we have 8 months of winter and other then my snow brush I know nothing else touches it.

So I know it's not weather related for you unless your hitting it with a snow brush also.

This same thing happened on one of my cars and I think it's possible I didn't work it long enough. Using to low of speed setting since I was still getting use to my flex when it was new to fully remove the swirls and wash marks. I 2 stepped it but like yours they reappeared.