Customer Service 866.965.0400

White vs Orange Pads; Difference and Experimenting?

galaxy

Question

Is there a significant difference in cut between orange and white pads? You guys ever experiment with say correction polish on a white pad for example?? I need to do some black door pillars on a new car and a (non-Adams) finishing type polish on a white pad just quite didn't achieve what I wanted. But wondering if correction on orange pad would be too much or just not necessary. Thinking correction polish o white would soften up the cut a bit. Thoughts?

I know this stuff isn't carved in stone and finding what works well for you is half the fun anyways. Will probably give that recipe and try and see how it turns out. I'm sure that black will need a finishing polish follow up anyways.

Edited by galaxy

6 answers to this question

I would say give it a shot.  If you don't need quite the cut you'd get from the orange pad, then try the white pad.  It's not going to hurt anything.  You may come to find out that you do indeed need the orange pad to achieve the level of cut requires to remove all the imperfections. 

The orange pads will have more cut for sure . What I use depends on the defect and hardness of the paint. If it's swirls I would not be using a Polish unless I had extremely soft paint. Most likely a compound then follow with the Polish to finish

I did a paint correction on a Toyota Tundra Monday.  I used the Adams orange paint correction polish (new formula) with the orange pad, and the truck came out perfect.  I like the new formula much better.  There was literally no dusting, which could not be said about the old formula. 

I did a paint correction on a Toyota Tundra Monday. I used the Adams orange paint correction polish (new formula) with the orange pad, and the truck came out perfect. I like the new formula much better. There was literally no dusting, which could not be said about the old formula.

Good to hear. What about working time?

Good to hear. What about working time?

Working time is way better than the old formula.  With the old formula, it would start dusting fairly quickly.  With the new formula, I worked areas of paint for extended periods of time, and at times, applying a lot of pressure, and I never once had a bad dusting issue.  It was much more pleasant to work with than the old formula.