Customer Service 866.965.0400

Any Lotus fans here?

SweetDaddyDelicious

Hey guys, just joined here and from what I can tell it seems to be a "Corvette Forum"?? (not there is anything wrong with that!:jester:) and I was just wondering if anyone here was into lightweight cars, specifically Lotus?

I am on the planning committee for LOG29, which is an annual nationwide Lotus Owners Gathering, and the 29th year for it! May 28-June 1. I caravaned up to LOG28 last year in Indy and it was a blast. We have a lot of stuff planned this year and a very full schedule. If anyone is into small bright shiny sports cars I'd love to see you there. There will be a couple hundred Lotus cars there, and lots of track events, mountain drives, etc. There is certainly room for a detailer or two (and always room for sponsors) and the Barber museum is just mind blowing. Especially if you like motorcycles (over 1100!!!)

You can check it out or sign up at LOG29.com

Some hightlights include:

Scenic mountain drives

Go cart racing

"Road and Track" reception featuring Peter Egan

Talladega super speedway experience (drive on the track)

International motorsports hall of fame tour

Tech Session: Performance driving theory and car control clinic.

Concours

Nasa Club and Vintage races

Barber Museum tour

Lotus F1 and vintage racecar review

Car control and accident avoindence clinic

Banquet presented by Sports Car World

2+ minute autocross sponsored by Yokohama Tires

More Nasa Club and Vintage Races

More Scenic drives and tours

HPDE Drivers Education event at Barber sposored by Griffin Rad.

Track demonstration of Barber Lotus Collection (I believe the largest privately held Lotus racing car collection in the US if not the world and they keep them in running order/ take them on the track)

Driving simulator- Drive a virtual lotus on the Barber track, before you actually go driving on the Barber track. Pretty neat!

Guest speakers (can't reveal them all but we will have some special guests from England)

....and much much more!

It will be a full weekend.

:lurk:

Edited by SweetDaddyDelicious

Hi, and :welcomebanner:

Yes, there are a lot of Corvette guys here, but also a lot of other makes and models (us corvette knuckleheads just like to show off pics more than is really normal... :lol:)

Anyway, I really like the new Loti, too. At 6'2" they're a bit of a squeeze for me, but I'm a big fan of the "less is more" approach. In college I had a first gen Toyota MR2 that was designed, I think, with the same spirit. Dollar for dollar that was probably the most fun car I've ever owned.

Rich

Rich is right, vette guys, and gal's, just love pictures :D:D:D:D

But we have members with just about every type of ride you can imagine, everything from station wagons to Schwinn's :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

I love the Lotus:2thumbs:lets see some pics please:glasses:

Thanks guys. (In all fairness I like the Vettes too. -Can't own em all!)

Pics of several other Lotus I've done stripes and graphics on starting in post #71 here:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/official-stripes-thread-post-your-pictures-here-45365/index4.html

Mine is the orange with black stripes (and now black, carbon fiber and reflective orange numbers on the doors) I'll be adding more to my website (in sig.) soon as well soon. I just need to get caught up on some other work first.

Doesn't seem I ever take many of my own car. here are a couple with others.

Now you know you have a small car when it looks like a Mini is dwarfing it!

:hi: Welcome to the site!! Ive always wanted a ride in a Lotus, theres one that screams by my work every so often, looks like a fun car.

Oh, and we dont all drive Vettes!

Now you know you have a small car when it looks like a Mini is dwarfing it!

:hi: Welcome to the site!! Ive always wanted a ride in a Lotus, theres one that screams by my work every so often, looks like a fun car.

Oh, and we dont all drive Vettes!

I know right!?

I drive this overly small car to compensate for my overly large... haha, nevermind.

Edit: Oh and if you really do want a ride, just go to LotusTalk.com and look in the regional forums. Perhaps there will be a gathering in your area. I'm sure you can find someone to give you a ride. Heck I've let tons of people drive mine. (Just don't get your hopes up about being able to take my bike for a ride! :willy:- in 8 years that's only happened for about 3 of my closest friends- who all have more riding experience than me)

Edited by SweetDaddyDelicious

Sweet pics! I see nothing wrong with mostly naked chicks! :bow: I need to get me some pics like that. I like the one on the end with the teeth in the grill, nice attitude!

Heres an even better one with teeth in the grill. (I think its where the guy with the orange one got the idea when he made his a Halloween prop)

This is from a race series I sponsor. (do the graphics and give away a small prize)

Note: He could use a detail. lol.

:burnout:

Hi and welcome! Lotus cars are great. One of my personal favorites is a Europa with a ported 13B Rotary... like the new Lotus models too, wouldn't mind picking one up for a track car. I've been to the Barber museum before, that was incredible, glad my friends in the south told me about it. I didn't get to drive their track though. Sounds like you guys will have a great time.

Bruce

Hey Keith, I saw on your schedule you are with NASA Southeast that weekend. Do you race in that club? I have a buddy that races in that club, and know the director of the club.

I don't currently. Hopefully I will in the future. I've just done a few private HPDE's. I have one next week but hope I can get tires in time. If not I'll be selling my spot. :willy:

Just trying to get more experience right now, but dang- expensive hobby. I just dont' have the coin to do it often!

I don't currently. Hopefully I will in the future. I've just done a few private HPDE's. I have one next week but hope I can get tires in time. If not I'll be selling my spot. :willy:

Just trying to get more experience right now, but dang- expensive hobby. I just dont' have the coin to do it often!

When you go racing with them, let me know, I will show up with my friend who races. Be cool to meet you at one. I know there are a bunch of Lotus there racing.

Its great to have a lotus guy on here! They are awesome cars and track stars :rockon:

Depends on the driver. You know some of those 'Vettes don't do half bad either.

Got my tires ordered today for a track day next Thurs. Talladega Grand Prix- perfect track for our cars. Short straights and tight turns :)

Can't wait to play on Toyo R888's.

I'm a huge fan of Loti (is that the correct plur?) :) I was actually major league hunting for a slightly used one last year but when I went for a test drive I found out that at 6'1 and well let's just say ALOT of pounds I didn't fit so well. So I went back to the drawing board on finding a new fun car. Then some things happened at work and money got tight etc etc. Kinda glad the Lotus didn't fit me now or I would have had to make some tough choices. lol

I'm a huge fan of Loti (is that the correct plur?) :) I was actually major league hunting for a slightly used one last year but when I went for a test drive I found out that at 6'1 and well let's just say ALOT of pounds I didn't fit so well. So I went back to the drawing board on finding a new fun car. Then some things happened at work and money got tight etc etc. Kinda glad the Lotus didn't fit me now or I would have had to make some tough choices. lol

I like the term Loti for multiple Lotus's but the proper term is actually "Lotus" for the plural according the factory. Since that does not sound right to a lot of people they usually will refer to multiple "Loti" as "Lotus cars" That way it's plural and sounds right. You would be quite surprised how much it's been debated and how nutty some people get over it- even to the extent that the factory has been written to arrive at that published answer.

We sometimes refer to getting in as "putting your car on" lol. some of the bigger guys need to put it on like a suit jacket. I slip in and out of it pretty easy and it feels like it was tailor made for someone my exact size. If you notice the high sill (you sit inside the aluminum frame) and low seats it makes for a great combination that you always willing to help the female passengers get out. Here is a little poster I made up from a picture of my car with a friend.

• 1 month later...

Definitely respect the quick & nimble Lotus. They give my supercharged Miata a good run for the money. Did you come to Indy for the Lotus gathering last summer? I came across a group of them down in the southern part of the state during one of their rallies. Real nice people to talk to (at least the few I talked to).