Customer Service 866.965.0400

Revive Polish! When do I use it?

Chewy

Question

OK that's basically my question.

Yesterday 3/15/09 I detailed my car using my PC DA. I don't have Revive but I used SHR, MP, and the Machine Wax. I found that the step from SHR to MP was to great and could have used something in between. Is this what Revive is?

I'd like to know because I bought the KIT with all the products including the DA and Revive didn't come in it.

Thanks,

Chris

9 answers to this question

You can certainly use it after Fine Machine Polish and before the Superwax. I think that's what Bill does. It didn't come with the kit because it's meant to be a hand polish, but I use it with the porter-cable. Revive is more of a surface cleaning polish while the FMP is more aggressive and helps eliminate light swirl marks.

Hey Chris, I had watched an earlier video of Adam doing the machine polish and the swirl and haze remover in the same step. I have done this on both the 32 and the G8 and I think it works great. I use the new Superwax with the PC and love the results. I couldn't believe what I got off the paint when I clayed the G8. Now it is as smooth as a babies butt! I really like these products and really don't use the Revive as much now.

Yes, you will want to do the revive AFTER the MP. Because the mp has more "cutting" power then the revive, so if you did the revive first, the mp would polish it right off.

Experts, am I right?

:iagree: you always want to go from most aggressive to least aggressive

Hey Chris, I had watched an earlier video of Adam doing the machine polish and the swirl and haze remover in the same step. I have done this on both the 32 and the G8 and I think it works great. I use the new Superwax with the PC and love the results. I couldn't believe what I got off the paint when I clayed the G8. Now it is as smooth as a babies butt! I really like these products and really don't use the Revive as much now.

You know I watched that too and am thinking that that is probably what I should have done. I have some issues with my MP and my Super Wax and I think it may have caused some issues. It has little brown specs of stuff in it. The MP caused all kinds of issues with the brown specs. They are sending me a new MP but I hadn't noticed the wax until yesterday so I need to get with Ashley and see if she can send me one. I'd really like to send these back and find out what happened. I got them for Christmas and never froze them. They've been in my basement.

I'm still wondering if the Revive would be a good pre wax cleaner for day to day stuff without the PC and before a coat of buttery wax.

I'm still wondering if the Revive would be a good pre wax cleaner for day to day stuff without the PC and before a coat of buttery wax.

That is an excellent use of the Revive polish :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

I had asked the same question, below is the answer Adam gave.

I haven't been able to try it one way vs. the other just yet.

The Revive Polish is more of a paint cleaner, removes old wax, oxidation, and leaves the paint nice and clean.

I'm not sure the Revive would do anything better for your finish after the FMP, rather, I'd do this if you are looking to add a step, or use up some goods in search of the ultimate shine! :D

1. Clay
  2. Swirl & Haze (if needed, Orange Pad5-6K Opm's)
  3. Revive Polish (White pad, which will get stained, 5K Opm's)
  4. Fine Machine Polish (White Pad again, 5-6K Opm's)
  5. Machine SuperWax, or Buttery Wax if not driven in the weather, stored outdoors, etc.

That's what I would do!

I had asked the same question, below is the answer Adam gave.

I haven't been able to try it one way vs. the other just yet.

Sweet! Copied and pasted and printed! I am going to keep that handy!