Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash and wax & ceramic boost?

Amish R/T

Question

6 answers to this question

Haven't done that, no, but it will work just fine. Some on here have swapped HGG for Ceramic Boost as their maintenance sealant to rave reviews. I'm not one of them as I prefer HGG and its ease of use on all surfaces, but you may find the boost better suits your needs.

So you know, Wash & Wax isn't a true carnuba wax. It's actually a silica based product just like the ceramic coating. So, you're actually using two silica based products with this combo.

Edited by falcaineer

33 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Haven't done that, no, but it will work just fine. Some on here have swapped HGG for Ceramic Boost as their maintenance sealant to rave reviews. I'm not one of them as I prefer HGG and its ease of use on all surfaces, but you may find the boost better suits your needs.

So you know, Wash & Wax isn't a true carnuba wax. It's actually a silica based product just like the ceramic coating. So, you're actually using two silica based products with this combo.

Yes sir, I did know that about the wash and wax. I love the wash and wax. Im hoping combining those two would have fantastic results.

7 minutes ago, Amish R/T said:

Yes sir, I did know that about the wash and wax. I love the wash and wax. Im hoping combining those two would have fantastic results.

I'm sure you'll be happy. Just beware the boost doesn't play nicely with glass (unlike the HGG, thus one reason I prefer it instead), so avoid getting it on there as best you can.

Edited by falcaineer

7 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

I'm sure you'll be happy. Just beware the boost doesn't play nicely with glass (unlike the HGG, thus one reason I prefer it instead), so avoid getting it on there as best you can.

Thank you for the heads up. And if I may ask, out of pure curiosity, what if I top Wash and Wax with HGG. Then top HGG with boost? Is that over doing it?

2 hours ago, Amish R/T said:

Thank you for the heads up. And if I may ask, out of pure curiosity, what if I top Wash and Wax with HGG. Then top HGG with boost? Is that over doing it?

My gut says yes, it's an unnecessary step. My concern would be diminishing the effects of the W&W and HGG by adding yet another layer of what's essentially a third sealant. But I'll defer to others on here who may have tried this before. In the meantime, read this thread if you haven't already, especially towards the end when it explains layering.

On 1/23/2018 at 6:51 PM, Amish R/T said:

I think that’s over kill. 

I tried Boost as a stand-alone but went back to HGG because it took more time me and was a big pain to remove from glass. I felt like that made it not as user friendly as it should or could be. So I only use Boost on a coated car.

If you want to spend that much time, I would just do either Americana or LPS topped with HGG. Then you get some maintenance protection from the W&W and or the occasional HGG.