Customer Service 866.965.0400

What pads & products .....

Chris@Adams

Question

11 answers to this question

The FMP is specifically made for machine polishing (thus the name). SHR will work by hand and on a machine. Now since polishing by hand is a lot more work, I would assume that SHR has more cutting action because it takes a lot of work by hand to get the results that a machine is going to get you.

So, I would stick with FMP while using a machine and if you still don't have enough cutting power, go with SHR on a dry white pad. Step up by going with SHR on a wet Orange pad (wet with detail spray), and last of all, SHR on a dry orange pad. That last option should be worse case scenario.

Shane I have a scissor type lift , like used in a brake shop that I use for what you are wanting . Polish all the upper areas and then lift the car and work all the lower areas with minimal pain . This lift raises about 30" , am going to sell it and buy a new one that raises about 48" .

Shane I have a scissor type lift , like used in a brake shop that I use for what you are wanting . Polish all the upper areas and then lift the car and work all the lower areas with minimal pain . This lift raises about 30" , am going to sell it and buy a new one that raises about 48" .

That's a good idea, too bad you're not closer or I would buy the old one off of ya.