Customer Service 866.965.0400

Scotch-Brite Lint Rollers Saved My Day

Editguy

Question

So I finally got around to doing the interior of my wife's 2003 VW Passat wagon, it has a  cloth material that feels a little like suede. This particular material loves to grab hair with its tight weave and not let go. This interior hasn't been detailed in the six years we've owned the car and we have three cats and a dog. There was so much hair both human and pet now essentially woven itself into the fabric. Vacuuming had almost no effect on it. So I figure I'd go try my wife's Scotch -brite lint roller. It too had little effect on removing any hair from the seat. Then I decided to rip off a fresh sheet off the roll and rub it back as forth across and in circles over the fabric. Sure enough this method started releasing hair from the fabric where leaving on the roll failed. This particular product has a nylon type backing to it so it withstood rubbing and pulling. I ripped off another sheet and tried it in other areas like the bottom of cup holders and coin holders. Anywhere dirt and dust collected in tight spaces. Just press a fresh  sheet down in there and lift all the crude right out. Also worked great in tight places my vacuum could not reach like between the seat and door. 

You veteran detailers probably already know all about this but I was blown away how versatile and effective these "sticky sheets" were at lifting out the crud on a neglected interior.

1 answer to this question