Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wax or Sealant?

WashMeNow

Question

So I am been doing the basic with basic products since I had an old car... well now I have an expensive car with a unique color that I want to protect.  I don't want to use the basic products so I came to this site to purchase goodies that I heard so much good things... since I been doing the basic car wash on my daily.  What would you recommend, or what steps should I take to keep my car looking good and protect the paint as well...

1.  Wash the car, then I should wax it, maybe use clay and then sealant?

Act as if I was your little child and you are trying to teach me how to properly take care of a car... what would you say I need to do?

3 answers to this question

So there's a whole lot of Adams videos that go way more in depth but here's the general order of operations for a "full" detail and your maintenance washes.  I would suggest checking out some videos though.

Wash

Iron Remover (not a big deal if you skip this)

Clay (I usually rinse after to remove any junk that the clay removed)

Polish (this is when you'd do this but I'll assume you don't have the stuff for that)

Coating Prep (not 100% necessary for paint sealant but it can only help, it removes any leftover oils on the paint for the best sealant adhesion)

Sealant (always use your strongest layer as your base layer)

Wax (if you want to use a wax, put it over the sealant after it's cured)

First Maintenance Wash

Wash

Dry with detail spray as a drying aid or dry with H2OGG to seal in wax and keep protection at a maximum

Continue with H2OGG once a month or so and dry with Detail Spray for your other washes

Edited by red94chev

Welcome! Be sure to post an intro on the new member forum. To your question, read this thread. Should answer many of your questions about what to use and why. There's no one "right" answer for everyone, but there are certain principles to follow. Good luck, and keep asking questions!

Welcome! 

On my daily driver a 06 Screaming Yellow Mustang Pony edition I did the following and it looks awesome. 

Strip wash 

Clay 

Correcting polish 

Rinsed 

Coating prep of some sort

Sealant 

Paste Wax 

I do this about every 3 to 6 months depending on the Florida weather. 

Washes in between I do 

Car shampoo with a foam cannon weekly 

Rinse off with a pressure washer 

Use a blower to dry 

Other Wash about every 3rd week 

Rubber Cleaner on rubber seals especially for my convertible top 

Car Shampoo with a foam cannon 

Rinse 

I use a hydrophobic product 

I have been using Adams for about a month now after buying my first bucket and absolutely love their products, I have used many products in the past but since switching to a full Adams line up the daily hasn't looked nicer. 

51960822_10218883556704002_7386291928809078784_n.jpg

19990449_10214011443344213_3643620440537146720_n.jpg

19989519_10214011539306612_6570945477812109974_n.jpg