Customer Service 866.965.0400

Looking for detailing advice on my NEW Yukon

BuckeyeSurfer

Question

I've used products from Adam's Polishes for a couple of years, but this is my first post here. I just bought a new GMC Yukon XL with the Denali Ultimate Black package. I'm wondering what I should be doing to the exterior? What waxes, polishes, etc should I be using to protect this vehicle and keep it looking new?

I've also heard a lot about ceramic coating lately. Is it recommended? Is it worth the cost?

I would love to know what you do to your new vehicles. What products do you use? How often, etc. This is a daily driver and I'm looking for things I can do to maintain it without spending more time than I need to. I appreciate any advice you can give. Thank you!

4 answers to this question

Hi Adam, Congrats on the new vehicle!

I will give you my opinion and then I will point you to some other write ups that may help you in making a decision.

My opinion is that Ceramic Coatings are absolutely worth the time, effort, and money. I ceramic coated my vehicle many months ago, and am still seeings the benefits. The coating I applied was Adams Ceramic Spray Coating, which is a little easier than a traditional coating, but is not expected to last as long as a traditional coating. One thing to keep in mind with Ceramic Coatings is that they require some preparation and there is a pretty extensive process to follow:

Please feel free to ask any of us any questions you may have.

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

Hello and welcome.  Congrats on the ride.  I am on my 3rd Tahoe, it is a White RST.  I ceramic coated it.  And for you having  a brand new costly black vehicle and worse, making it a daily driver, I HIGHLY recommend a ceramic coating!  It will take some time for proper prep and application, but maintenance is super low, it gets dirty less, makes it harder to swirl,  but yes you can still damage it, and its super easy and fairly quick to clean.

Check out some YouTube videos and ask away here...

and 

Please let’s see a pic of it!!