Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Metal Polish

TR6speed

Question

I just installed a new SLP Loudmouth exhaust system on my 2007 Corvette.  When I installed the polished tips they looked great, but after a few drives, I noticed the inside seemed to have discolored or turned dull and the flared rim of course had the typical stains from the heat and moisture.  I let the seem cool over night and then used my Adams Metal Polish #2 which I have had for sometime, but it never caused the issues on my previous C5 Corvette with an aftermarket exhaust system or the stock tips on this cat.  Now as you can see it did not do anything to the inside and it appears to have scratched the rims of the tips. Any idea8016360_Tips1.thumb.jpg.84ebb20347b0843ca6cec383a12aec74.jpg on getting them back to a smooth polished look?

2 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Chris@Adams said:

Sorry to here this, however our Metal Polish 1 or 2 wouldn't scratch like (if I am seeing correctly from the pic)  that, they were probably like that and you didn't notice until you cleaned and shined them. Thoughts?

I was not implying that it was the Adams product.  I have been using to long and never had any issues.  I was hoping maybe someone would have an idea if it is correctable.