Customer Service 866.965.0400

Should I have got the revive?

Redfireshaker06

Question

15 answers to this question

No the SHR gives you more cutting power for the deeper scratches. Use it with the Orange pad at abpout 5-6000 OPM.

Then the white pad with the MP.

Grey with your wax.

You have the right goods Brandon, no money wasted! Have you started detailing it yet? If not, take close-up and entire-car before and after photos.

We are here to provide tips when you need one! :patriot:

Hello Adam, I just tried some spots today. The roof and the trunk lid. This coming friday I am going to do the whole car. Just used the polish today to try it out. I will get some before and afters then. Actually, I like the SHR. Removed water spots on the trunk lid and roof. Only thing left looks like etchings in the clear. I might not mess with that because I don't want to remove to much clear.

Hello Adam, I just tried some spots today. The roof and the trunk lid. This coming friday I am going to do the whole car. Just used the polish today to try it out. I will get some before and afters then. Actually, I like the SHR. Removed water spots on the trunk lid and roof. Only thing left looks like etchings in the clear. I might not mess with that because I don't want to remove to much clear.

Brandon, don't sweat removing the clear with a PC or by hand, it's going to be real tough to do.

Take the Orange Swirl Killer Pad, and go very slow, applying substantial pressure with the S&HR, at 6K OPM's.

Do a small area, and you'll be surprised at how much of the etching you can remove. Follow with the FMP on the same pad, also at 6K, and apply pressure.

Switch then to the white pad, leave the machine at 6K, and use the FMP again.

Remove with a towel, then PLEASE report back here with your findings.

If possible take before and after photos, close-up!

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Don't worry, you won't be doing any damage or serious removal of the clear, just get a damp orange pad, some SHR and put the machine to 5 or 6 opms. Get on a stool or step ladder so you can get enough pressure on the roof and just move very slowly back and forth, up and down.

EDIT: Adam got it before me lol.

Thanks Adam. The problem with putting to much pressure on the roof is you can feel it start to cave in. Not much support in the middle of the roof. But I'll do as much again as I can.

Do I have to clean the pad before I put the FMP on the orange pad? I made the mistake of already cleaning both pads and its sure takes a while for them to dry. lol

Im gonna go try and take some pics now. I might need more light outside. Its about to rain. But I'll try in the garage.

Adam, I also sent you an email regarding something else. Thanks

Thanks Adam. The problem with putting to much pressure on the roof is you can feel it start to cave in. Not much support in the middle of the roof. But I'll do as much again as I can.

Do I have to clean the pad before I put the FMP on the orange pad? I made the mistake of already cleaning both pads and its sure takes a while for them to dry. lol

Im gonna go try and take some pics now. I might need more light outside. Its about to rain. But I'll try in the garage.

Adam, I also sent you an email regarding something else. Thanks

Ahh, completely understand on the caving-roof thing. Be careful! Well, ring out the pads, and if you don't have time for a natural dry, use a compressor to air blow them, then toss them in the dryer for 5-10 minutes.

No need to clean between products, as the Swirl & Haze and Fine Machine Polish are complimentary, and work well together.

Cool? Report back with your results, and don't kill yourself to take photos in the rain. If you can get close-ups of the etchings, that would be great.

Have a great weekend! :patriot: