Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best way to remove paint 'pits'??

Morgon

Question

This may be -sliiightly- offtopic, as far as Adam's products go, but I'm fairly confident someone may have an answer. :)

I've been using Adam's for a couple of years (or more correctly - I bought a big kit a couple of years ago, used it for a season, then got lazy)

A couple of days ago, we had quite a bit of wind. I have a car canopy in my driveway which I park my Pontiac G6 under to keep it away from.... well, wind (and rain, sun, etc). It already had a couple of rips in it from other weather, but this basically completed the job - I woke up to having no roof on the canopy at all.

In the process, seems that the fabric decided to tap-dance across my hood, leaving a ton of scratches, scrapes, etc. They seemed fairly topical, and I was able to hand-rub some of them away, so I got it washed (not an Adam's wash, but just a full-service hand-washing in my area) in hopes they would magically disappear. Of course, things don't quite work that way.

Remembering my magic bucket of various automobile 'elixirs', I pulled out the Swirl & Haze Remover, along with a microfiber sponge and some Detail Spray. Thankfully, I was able to get rid of nearly all of the scratches, only leaving some slight webbing (this was strictly a quick fix - with the proper time, I have no doubt I could get at least those completely worked out).

My question specifically has to do with some pitting that occurred as a result of the canopy flapping against the hood. I'm guessing there's nothing from Adam's that would help with this, but does anyone have any real-world suggestions they would recommend?

I've attached some pics using the 'macro' setting of my camera, but you can only get so close...

I believe the white portion inside the first picture is where I tried working the SHR into it.. 'desperate times', and all.

Thanks!

-Jason

4 answers to this question

... Hard to tell by the pics as they're a bit blurry.

I agree. Retake the pictures using your camera's macro function. That will allow you to get real close and get a clear picture. Sorta like this:

macro_penny.jpg

This is what the macro function allows you to do.