Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene coating questions

GrapeSodaGarage

Question

Hello all!

My wife won a Adam's Graphene Kit w/light at a raffle, locally at the Adam's Scottsdale AZ location. As I am very excited, because what's hers is mine, I have more questions then answers. For a little details I have a new 21 VW GTI, and we plan to buy a second new car to replace the current family car beginning of next year. 

First, once opened, what is the shelf like of the graphene bottle. Reading mixed answers here. One to two years shelf life in controlled environment unopened, but opened I'm hearing 30-60 days. I want to coat my car then wait six months for our new family car and coat that as well. Seems like there is enough in the bottle for two smaller cars.

Second, once coated, can you vinyl wrap over the coating. Before people ask, "Why not wait to vinyl wrap then coat over the wrap?" I want to get my paint protected right away. I plan on in the future (no real time frame, just in the next year or so) to vinyl wrap the rear of my car, not the whole car, in a specific design that I will do at home in my garage.  Can I coat now, and wrap over coating later with no ill-effects? 

Third, I have many Adam's products, that I have collected over the last couple years, from mystery buckets to my checklists. Once coated, can I still use my normal products, like CS3, Slick and Slide, Iron remover, regular seasonal detail sprays, regular wheel cleaner (on coated wheels), etc. Is it necessary for me to get the whole graphene product line or can I slowly use up products I have, and upgrade later to graphene infused products if I like? 

Thanks for your help,

Jake 

1 answer to this question

It is going to depend on where and how you store it.  I have had a bottle open for months and it works just fine.  

Second, once coated, can you vinyl wrap over the coating. Before people ask, "Why not wait to vinyl wrap then coat over the wrap?" I want to get my paint protected right away. I plan on in the future (no real time frame, just in the next year or so) to vinyl wrap the rear of my car, not the whole car, in a specific design that I will do at home in my garage.  Can I coat now, and wrap over coating later with no ill-effects? 

The wrap should be applied to bare paint to avoid the potential of it not sticking to the coated surface.  So you can coat now and polish it off when you are ready to wrap.  

Third, I have many Adam's products, that I have collected over the last couple years, from mystery buckets to my checklists. Once coated, can I still use my normal products, like CS3, Slick and Slide, Iron remover, regular seasonal detail sprays, regular wheel cleaner (on coated wheels), etc. Is it necessary for me to get the whole graphene product line or can I slowly use up products I have, and upgrade later to graphene infused products if I like? 

CS3 works just fine as does the iron remover.  You can use those other product as well.  I don't use those or own those.  

Once you coat wheels, you will find you don't need to be using any wheel cleaner.  I only use soap and water to clean coated wheels with the occasional iron remover.  

It is worth looking into the other graphene products like the detail spray and the new graphene cs3.  

Check out this thread.