Customer Service 866.965.0400

PC getting hot anyone?

Superdutytd

Question

Can somebody post a picture of where this goes, or a picture procedure? I'm not sure if I have a washer, and it doesn't vibrate and doesn not get hot. Just want to make sure I am correct.

I will as soon as my new one arrives. I think I'll even do a video.

Can somebody post a picture of where this goes, or a picture procedure? I'm not sure if I have a washer, and it doesn't vibrate and doesn not get hot. Just want to make sure I am correct.

there should be a thin black plastic disc-like washer already on the yellow backing plate, around the threaded part that screws into the PC7424:

337.jpg

Your PC should have come with a smaller, thicker, grey rubber washer:

part_850218.gif

Put this washer on the backing plate as well before screwing it into the polisher.

Thinking like a sandwich, it would go: backing plate, black washer, grey washer, pc, with the screw part being the frilly toothpick that holds everything together.

I've just been using the one that came with Adam's pads. I do get a good bit of vibration and noticed some heating up but nothing major. I'll have to throw the one that came with the pc on over the black Adams one and see how that works. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

I know I lost the washer, is there any easier way to get the washer? home depot? can a metal washer be substitutable?

ANy hardware store should have plenty of them, I'd use nylon :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well thats something for me to do tomorrow . Since I never read the instructions and throw all the unnessary paper work away first thing , I need to pull the backing plate to makke sure the washer is missing and then go get one .

I don't think you need one on the Gen 1 setup :thumbsup::thumbsup:

For backing plates it just creates space so the plate doesn't rub against the PC and gives extra clearance to get the wrench in there :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

First of all, no matter what backing plate you use, you need to have the washer installed.

The question I have for those who do not have the washer installed is, how do you switch between plates? Before I found Adam's, I use to use the Lake Country pads. They came in 6.6" and 5.5" pad sizes. You had to use the appropriate backing plate depending on the size pad you were using. If the washer was not installed, the backing plate would set so close to the PC that you couldn't get the wrench in between the plate and the buffer to remove the backing plate. For the guys who are having their PC get too hot, I bet their plate is rubbing against the buffer as well as not allowing the counter-weight to operate correctly.

Maybe no one here has a need to switch plates like I use to have to do and thus, have no memory of ever having to deal with that washer. Since I was switching backing plates daily, I remember vividly the headache of dealing with that darn washer!

Mine still gets warm even with the washers. I think its because I'm using such small gauge extension cords.

The fact that you say that is scary because you must realize that you are burning that unit up. That is the quickest way to do so. Using to small gauge of extension will also void your warranty. The repair shop can easily tell if this is what you are doing.