Customer Service 866.965.0400

PC getting hot anyone?

Superdutytd

Question

While I was polishing and waxing my truck my PC started to get hot. The motor was getting pretty warm, I mean warm enough my hand started to get hot, anyone else ran into this problem?

YOU FORGOT TO INSTALL THE WASHER!!!

There's a washer that goes on the shaft BEFORE you add the plate. If you don't install that washer, the counterweight will not spin and will burn up the polisher! Is the washer installed?

Oh good thanks Junkman, probably also why it vibrates the crap out of me too?

God I've polished my mustang and did the entire truck. I did let it cool a lot between body panels because I felt it getting warm. Oh well at least if it burns up I can get a replacement for a good price from one of our suppliers :rolleyes:

I don't have the polisher here with me but I'm pretty sure its not installed.

YOU FORGOT TO INSTALL THE WASHER!!!

There's a washer that goes on the shaft BEFORE you add the plate. If you don't install that washer, the counterweight will not spin and will burn up the polisher! Is the washer installed?

HELP!! :help: Where does this washer go? On the shaft underneath the backing plate? I don't think mine has one installed. If not, will any washer that fits the shaft diameter work?

Thanks!

I don't think I have the washer installed either... I'm not sure I even have one... Hmmm... Something to look at now... Mine gets hot and it vibrates like mad but hell it's a DA so I thought it was normal...

Chris

HELP!! :help: Where does this washer go? On the shaft underneath the backing plate? I don't think mine has one installed. If not' date=' will any washer that fits the shaft diameter work?

Thanks![/quote']

Do you still have the paperwork that came with the polisher? The washer is identified as part# 850218, item# 146. You can order it from DeWalt's Website. The washer does two things. It keeps the plate from rubbing against the polisher (which will heat that polisher up and overwork it to death), and it also gives you room to get the wrench in between the buffer and the backing plate so that you can change backing plates.

uhh i need to check this oout as well..i used it twice so far..is taht enough to burn out the PC? i didnt have any heat problems with it

Yea, it'll burn it up over time as heat and electronics and the worst of enemies. If yours is not getting hot then I would assume you have it put together correctly. The heat is the tell tell sign when there is a problem.

Do you still have the paperwork that came with the polisher? The washer is identified as part# 850218, item# 146. You can order it from DeWalt's Website. The washer does two things. It keeps the plate from rubbing against the polisher (which will heat that polisher up and overwork it to death), and it also gives you room to get the wrench in between the buffer and the backing plate so that you can change backing plates.

I need to check. Geez, I've had it for a few years now. I may have lost the washer during a backing plate swap out. I will check. Thanks for the info.

Scott

theres that little washer that comes with the pc, and the black one thats on the gen2 backer. Mine gets hot and vibrates really bad, i just use the black one on the gen2 backer

try the one that came with the PC