Customer Service 866.965.0400

Longer Term High Spots with Adam's Advanced Graphene

Marcpitch30

Question

I am new to the forum and this is my first inquiry. I have seen the Adam's video regarding high spot removal, but I still need clarification on some points. When considering these questions, please note that the graphene will have been on the vehicle for about 3-4 weeks when I can get to fixing the high spots. 

1. For those high spots that require medium polishing or compounding by machine, can I re-apply the graphene just in the areas polished/compounded? Or, do I need to polish/compound the whole panel and apply a new coat of graphene on the whole panel?
  2. In cases where a fine polish by hand can fix high spots, do you need to re-coat the area with graphene? 
  3. CarPro Essence Plus applied by hand seemed to work on some high spots 1-2 weeks after application. I was surprised. 

Thank you ahead of time for helping me learn more about this.

1 answer to this question

Always start with the least aggressive product.  In most cases a polish will remove them.  The issue that can sometimes arise with spot correcting is that spot may be darker than the rest of the panel.  This is most noticeable on darker paints.  So in that case polishing the entire panel would be optimal.  

A polish whether used by hand or machine will either degrade or remove all of the coating.  Thus following up with more will be best.

You probably got lucky with Essence Plus.  It also depends on how it was used and what pad.