Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene Vehicle Specific

BoltonGoalie

Question

Hello,

I'm looking to graphene coat two of my cars.  Both 2021 Tesla Model 3 and Mazda MX30.  Both are in like new condition.

I have a pressure washer, a foam cannon, will purchase an air dryer and will purchase a polisher...and anything else I need.

Is there any part of either of these cars that I should not coat?  Tires, rims, any particular trim pieces?  Also please identify any steps that have special instructions...maybe there is something I shouldn't decon like trim.

The Tesla has 4500 miles and the Mazda 7000.  I want to prep it right.  What products do I need?  What process?

Should I iron decon cars this new?

Should I strip wash and foam wash?  If no, which one?

Should I clay bar?

Should I polish?

How should I prep my windows?

How should I prep my trim?

How should I prep my tires (if they should be done)?

Should I was again after polishing?

After that, it looks like the application process is pretty straight forward.

With regard to caring for my coating.  Should I stick with the graphine infused products, normal products, or a combination of both?

Thanks!!!!!!!

1 answer to this question

On 5/30/2022 at 7:16 PM, BoltonGoalie said:

Hello,

I'm looking to graphene coat two of my cars.  Both 2021 Tesla Model 3 and Mazda MX30.  Both are in like new condition.

I have a pressure washer, a foam cannon, will purchase an air dryer and will purchase a polisher...and anything else I need.

You will need lots of pads.

Is there any part of either of these cars that I should not coat?  Tires, rims, any particular trim pieces?  Also please identify any steps that have special instructions...maybe there is something I shouldn't decon like trim.

Yes avoid getting any decon chemicals on the trim other than soap or APC.  

The Tesla has 4500 miles and the Mazda 7000.  I want to prep it right.  What products do I need?  What process?

Hard to say without physically looking at the condition of the paint.  You will need to go through the decon process first and then get into the polishing step.  Best advice is to do a test spot and go from there to determine the finish you are happy with.  In some cases you may be happy with a just polishing.  

Should I iron decon cars this new?

Yes

Should I strip wash and foam wash?  If no, which one?

Either one is fine.  Strip wash will give the deeper clean.  

Should I clay bar?

Depends on how rough the surface feels.  

Should I polish?

If you want a good finish and have the coating perform at its maximum then yes.  If you clay you will be left with marring which is only removed by polishing.

How should I prep my windows?

Clean, polish, panel wipe and coat or use the glass sealant.  

How should I prep my trim?

Clean, panel wipe and if you decide to use the coating the be sure to wipe off the trim or you will be posting back how the coating turned the trim white. 

How should I prep my tires (if they should be done)?

Clean and dress. Plenty of video on how to do it on the Adams youtube channel. 

Should I was again after polishing?

Panel wipe and coat.

With regard to caring for my coating.  Should I stick with the graphine infused products, normal products, or a combination of both?

Preferably staying in the same family for product synergy.  But graphene and ceramic are interchangeable.  

The above information is general.  The first question I should have asked is if you are using the spray coating or the actual coating.