Customer Service 866.965.0400

Should Adams graphene ceramic coating be used on old faded trim

Shaun Ludwig

I have a 2004 Chevy avalanche that I am planning on applying adams graphene ceramic coating to the whole car. I have applied a plastic restorer to the trim in the past but it only ever lasts 10 months or less before it fades. Currently the car trim is mostly faded again but some of it is still attached on.  I am hoping by having the graphene coating I can help it stay restored for longer. I was wondering if adding the restorer again then coating would even be compatible or if the restorer would block the coating from bonding correctly. While I'd prefer not to buy any more products to get this job done I would rather do it correctly so if there are any extra steps in the cleaning process or products I need I would be glad to hear them.

Edited by Shaun Ludwig

My recommendation would be to stick with a trim restorer and apply it more often for trim that needs to be restored.  Coating trim that needs trim restoration locks it out form potential restoration down the road.  I would actually recommend a non-adams product for trim restoration.