Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam’s Graphene Advance cold weather

Joe T

Question

Hello,  I just applied Adam’s Graphene Advance. After I applied everything I noticed forms saying don’t apply under 30 degrees. It took me about 3 days to apply with temperatures between 30 and 50. Next few days will be 30’s and by end of the week will be 50’s. I saw somewhere if applied below 30’s it will not work. This was done in the garage .Did I just waste my time and money ,do I need to just let it cure longer? I don’t see high spots and under the black light everything shows covered. I guess I was curious why lower temps are not ideal. Does cold do something to the solution that makes it not work, or is just longer cure times? 

Edited by Joe T

2 answers to this question

Hi, Joe. And welcome to the forums. I'm moving this to a more appropriate category...

Freezing temps (and extreme heat, too) are generally not good for most chemicals, it can alter their chemistry in some cases and render them useless. I store my coatings in a fridge to maintain consistent temps.

When it comes to coatings, the general rule is to apply indoors and in 50°F+. Lower temps (and or lower humidity) increase the flash and cure times, so it will take much longer to apply. That may also lead to a tendency to remove it sooner than optimal due to sheer human nature and wanting to be done.

I'm sure it started to cure at some level so it wasn't a waste. Whether you see the best results is another question. The main question is what prep did you do beforehand? After applying, was it slick and easy, or was it tacky and take some effort to remove the residue?

Hello, I did an Adam’s decontamination wash, clay bar, Adam’s One Step polish, and Adam’s surface pre. When I wiped away the product was slightly tacky. I used a 1 cloth to wipe off, then a second wipe again to make sure nothing was left over. It did not take a lot to get off just light pressure. The surface is currently smooth when run a cloth on it(not like sliding across ice) if I run my shirt it feels more slick. If I put my finger on it you can see slight finger print and wipes with ease. 

0EDB85C4-91BB-4A94-8F96-DE47154A617F.jpeg