Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene on PPF

Jim Foster

Question

I’m getting ready to coat my hood with the advanced coating but I have a couple questions before I start. 
will the coating rainbow similar to paint when it’s ready to remove?

and if I see a high spot after a couple of days, how do I remove/correct it?

Thanks in advance. 

3 answers to this question

I have Graphene Coating on all of my vehicles including the ones that have a expel clear PPF over the front clip.   The product does rainbow just like it does on the paint in my experience.   One piece of advice if you are compounding and polishing the paint before starting the coating I would not do anything but lightly polish(with the white pad) the PPF.  Another piece of advice is invest in the ultraviolet light, it really helped me ensure a nice even coating and avoid any high spots.  

You can See Dan's post about grahpene and alot more information here. 

For your question about the removal etc this will likely answer your questions.

The Advanced will rainbow, but that's not the indicator of when it's time to remove like other coatings. Instead, that rainbow will dissipate and turn chakly, and the surface will become tacky when you lightly drag a towel over it. At that point, remove it. On PPF, though, you should remove sooner to avoid those high spots. I do so on about 30-45 seconds or so regardless of environment conditions.