Customer Service 866.965.0400

Corvette C8 Engine bay Plastic surrounds / Trim

N3VRL8

Question

I tried to call Adam's the other day but could not get through therefore I wanted to post my question here.

For the plastic deck surrounds on the C8 engine bay; what is recommended to not just clean it but to make it a bit more shiny and "pop" ? From a products perspective, if Adams sells it I likely have it. I've tried VRT (old school and Graphene), In and out spray, black trim restorer, etc.  The root of my question is the plastic itself is not very polished and more of a Matte finish albeit a non uniform finish.  Wondering if anyone has tried polishing it then sealing it?  The engine bay takes in a lot of water and can easily create water spots when using a hose or pressure washer so thinking about the best way to seal/coat the space. 

Not the best pic but for an example of the location in reference.

IMG_1562.jpg

3 answers to this question

Thanks @falcaineer - I have a bottle of the AP exterior dressing that will be my back up option if polishing is not an option.  Question though, don't suppose you could "seal" over exterior dressing (to lock in the shine) or seal the plastic then layer exterior dressing can you with the same product intended results?

@N3VRL8 - I have a Jeep Wrangler that has a lot of time with the top off and mud etc.  In order to make my maintenance easier I coated the interior and exterior of this Jeep with ceramic coating.  Some areas where this type of matte black plastics that your picture seems to indicate.  Anyway after spending a lot of time prepping I was able to apply the graphene coating.  Now just a light spray of in&out will give it some shine.  But mostly after a good cleaning and some drying, I hit it with some Interior Detailer and it comes back to life nicely and is shiny enough for the trail and winter car.   

I will also second @falcaineer ‘ s statement about the all-purpose exterior dressing.  I have used that on some faded Jeep trim from the other and it was a lot glossier and lasted a while.