Customer Service 866.965.0400

SK Micro Pro Polisher 2.0 question

-=Jeff=-

Question

16 answers to this question

On 1/2/2024 at 5:29 PM, falcaineer said:

The Micro will only fit the backing plate it comes with of the rotary attachment. Do not use 3" pads with it or the existing backing plate!

Any more info other than do not use 3" pads?  Also in the kit it looks like an adapter to a plastic type threading ? what fits that? Also I assume for use in spots after a wet sand the Microfiber pad will cut more than the Blue pad?

Wow, autocorrect really did a number on my reply. I meant to say the machine will only fit the backing plate it comes with "or" the rotary attachment, and do not use 3" pads "on" the existing backing plate (that comes with the machine).

What other info are you looking for? 

Which plastic type threading? I have the polisher but don't remember any plastic threads. Any pictures of what you mean?

Yes, microfiber will cut more than blue foam. You'll likey need to finish with the white foam and Polish.

I will take a picture and post the plastic threading I am referring to. The adapter in the kit is metal but looks to accept plastic threaded backing plates

The adapter I was referring to is a direct drive adapter for use with the Brush. When I went to take a pice I saw the plastic threaded end of the brush and it made sense.

as for 3-3.4" inches pads. I found a 3" backing plate that should fit. The included backing plate stud is a M6*1.0

I will

know if the backing plate fits next week when I receive it

8 hours ago, -=Jeff=- said:

The adapter I was referring to is a direct drive adapter for use with the Brush. When I went to take a pice I saw the plastic threaded end of the brush and it made sense.

as for 3-3.4" inches pads. I found a 3" backing plate that should fit. The included backing plate stud is a M6*1.0

I will

know if the backing plate fits next week when I receive it

I would not recommend using a larger backing plate, you could prematurely wear out the bearings on the machine. I also question the results you'll get. But it's your money!

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

I would not recommend using a larger backing plate, you could prematurely wear out the bearings on the machine. I also question the results you'll get. But it's your money!

interesting. I would think as a rotary there would be less of a chance as an orbital for bearing wear.  I am currently wet sanding and buffing some new parts for my car. I will see if it fits and then decide if I want to try it

Edited by -=Jeff=-

I mainly bought this for the rotary function and small areas for the bumper and side ground effects to get in areas after wet sand. my 7" rotary is too big for some areas. 

I am considering  the SK mini for 3" duties for DA polishing.. I can also use the 2" pad setup for the Micro. 

Like I said, I will see if it fits and decide if I want to try it or not. 

I didn't realize you only wanted to use the rotary function, but it's not a really powerful machine so I don't know for that it'll work as you may expect. The SK Mini/SK 12mm Pro are much better suited to using a 3.5" pad, but there's no rotary. Adam's only sells DA machines, at least right now.

On 1/7/2024 at 8:00 PM, falcaineer said:

I didn't realize you only wanted to use the rotary function, but it's not a really powerful machine so I don't know for that it'll work as you may expect. The SK Mini/SK 12mm Pro are much better suited to using a 3.5" pad, but there's no rotary. Adam's only sells DA machines, at least right now.

Circling back on this.. which is the more versatile machine SK pro 12mm or the Mini 12mm?

6 hours ago, -=Jeff=- said:

Circling back on this.. which is the more versatile machine SK pro 12mm or the Mini 12mm?

Versatile how? They both have the same throw but the Pro is smoother and quieter.

51 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Versatile how? They both have the same throw but the Pro is smoother and quieter.

Ah so that is the difference.. that helps. I am looking for it to be the middle machine. I bought a 15mm pro last year along with the micro. (Which is great). This would round out the middle for things the other 2 cannot do

1 hour ago, -=Jeff=- said:

Ah so that is the difference.. that helps. I am looking for it to be the middle machine. I bought a 15mm pro last year along with the micro. (Which is great). This would round out the middle for things the other 2 cannot do

Spend a little extra on the Pro, you won't look back! Trust me.

11 hours ago, -=Jeff=- said:

Yeah that will be the route I go. Not needed yet although the 25% off right now is a good deal

That's about as high as you'll see all year. Don't forget the pads!