Customer Service 866.965.0400

Guidance with buffing out Scratches

adam.countryman

Question

Hey everyone! First time poster and Challenger owner looking for some guidance/assistance. So late last fall I purchased an RT, kept it stored over the winter and have been taking it out as the weather has been better. Long story short - a mirror in my garage basically fell and hit the door of the car (I know, I know) and has made scratches (Note the first picture I tried to wipe it down so it's a bit wet looking but you can see the long mark along the side). I've also noticed a few other scratches on the Challenger in different places and I am wanting to try my hand at fixing them if possible. I'd like to save myself from having to go to a detailer or something as part of me getting the car was to put some elbow grease into it even if I am absolutely out of my element.

I made some purchases that have not come yet, and as the forum will not let me post links I had to add it in an image so sorry about that.

---

Through my research - and correct me if I'm wrong here - the plan is to use the Porter Cable DA with the 5.5 backing plate and 5.5 polish pads and use Ultimate Polish to hopefully buff the scratches out after I've rinsed and dried the car. I picked up the wax as well as I am not sure if I have to use that to seal the polish. Again sorry for my ignorance here. Is this plan suitable, have I messed up somewhere in the item choosing or something? I'm also new to polishers so I'm not sure if I have the correct DA, pads or backing plate but my understanding was that the Porter came with a 6 inch【15 cm】 which would not work with the 5.5 inch【14 cm】 pads.

Any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated here if possible. I'm also in Canada.

1000000278.jpg

1000000279.jpg

1000000280.jpg

1000000281.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-04 102753.png

1 answer to this question

Welcome to our forums! Per our forum rules, please note external links to non-Adams products are not allowed, nor is excessive discussion about them. That said, we can certainly help you with the process. Here's a video with our products and advice on how to beat address your issues. Let us know what other questions you have.