Customer Service 866.965.0400

Will the PC and Adams Gen2 pads be enough to...

Kwhite

Question

help me polish the body kit I will be painting soon? I'm just wondering if it will be aggresive enough to buff and polish it up after i wetsand the clearcoat when it has cured. only other time Ive painted was my motorcycle parts. and friend had a buffer we used that was air driven. any thoughts?

appreciate the help all :D

11 answers to this question

help me polish the body kit I will be painting soon? I'm just wondering if it will be aggresive enough to buff and polish it up after i wetsand the clearcoat when it has cured. only other time Ive painted was my motorcycle parts. and friend had a buffer we used that was air driven. any thoughts?

appreciate the help all :D

Hey,

I have not used one yet, but from what I have seen I think it would go good for you if you use the swirl killer pad. However, I am not sure that the SHR is going to be strong enough. It has worked for me before, but it takes a lot of time. Until Adam's comes out with a actual rubbing compound, I still use 3M for now to get the dirty work done. Then I go behind and clean up with Adam's.

not having a shop paint my kit. painting it myself. learned a long time ago how to paint. just never tried a pc to cut and buff. was wondering if anyone had ever tried it. but i spose either way, i can try and worst case, borrow a rotary lol

well, i should say im painting it myself if the price is right on the paint. if i cant get the paint at a good enough price, ill be taking it to a shop to save me the hassle. main reason i do painting myself is : a- its usually a ton cheaper, b- i know im doing it right and dont have to worry about paying for a paint job thats going to chip and flake off due to poor prep and failure to use adhesion promoter(its a duraflex kit, so will def need it to make the paint soak in)

thanks guys!!! found out today the price of my paint. only 60 bucks for half gallon each of factory color and clearcoat!!! (colormatching my body kit, color is kalapana black)

so now all i have to do is get my hands on a pc and gen 2 pads lol. spose the pads will be ordered extremely soon. may have to make a socal run and hijack Jasons PC for a few days lol

Well you should ask jason if you can get some of the 4" pads.

Jason is ignoring me... he dont like me no more :(

was actually wondering if itd be possible to do it with those lol. might be able to if i spent enough time with em