Customer Service 866.965.0400

My first time detailing...

canhaz

Question

Hey all, just got finished detailing my Genesis Coupe... The car is very new but the pollen and rain made it look like it was a lot older :( plus it's black so that made things worse.

Anyway, I ordered the 'beginners' kit and I'm not expert but the paint look fantastic!

Just some questions, I am sorry if these things get asked every day...

- I used the Buttery Wax and soon after I applied it, being the noob I am, removed/buffed it right after with the microfiber towel and some detail spray... Is this OK? should I go do another layer tomorrow?

- The All-purpose cleaner scares me... I know it's supposed to be safe, but is it ok to get a bit of it on the paint? And do I need to dilute it before using it on my rims?

- I use the car daily, what is the recommended application cycle for the buttery wax?

- How many times can I wash the towels/pads before I need to replace them?

Thanks in advance for any advice and thanks to Adam for making such a easy-to-use product!

9 answers to this question

Welcome Chris!

I have only used the machine products, so I'll let someone else speak on the Buttery Wax, but I do use the All Purpose Cleaner (APC).

If you get APC on the paint you should remove it with water or a wet cloth. It can be diluted (some use distilled water), I use 50% APC/50% water to clean wheels, tires, and wheel wells, and save the full strength for cleaning sponges and pads.

As for the towels, they should last several seasons. If you haven' already done so, check this 'sticky' on Microfiber care http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2117

You will find lots of great information on this forum, along with very helpful members. Be sure to check out the 'sticky' posts at the top of each sub-forum for "how to's" and such. Also check out the vidoes that are linked on this site and the store. Adam did a great job explaining the use of most of the products available. But by all means, if you have a question, someone will have an answer!

:welcomebanner:

Mike.

Hi Chris

Welcome to AF !!!!!!

I used the Buttery Wax and soon after I applied it, being the noob I am, removed/buffed it right after with the microfiber towel and some detail spray... Is this OK? should I go do another layer tomorrow?

Did you let the wax completely dry before removing ? If you do it should remove as easy as dust, shouldn't need detail spray.

- The All-purpose cleaner scares me... I know it's supposed to be safe, but is it ok to get a bit of it on the paint? And do I need to dilute it before using it on my rims?

It won't harm your paint but you should wipe it off asap to be safe. Also 50/50 mix with water is usually strong enough for most applications.

- I use the car daily, what is the recommended application cycle for the buttery wax?

Is the car garaged ? If it is every other month should be fine depending on the climate you live in. If not garaged once a month should be good.

- How many times can I wash the towels/pads before I need to replace them?

Both will last several years of regular use :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

So today I wake up to the sound of rain :( My freshly waxed/detailed car has water spots all over it!! :(

Is it OK to remove the water spots with the detail spray? Should the wax be just as effective after...?

With a good coat of wax on there the water spots should come off nice and easy with detail spray but if it is really dirty too you should probably wash it :rockon::rockon::rockon: