Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wind, thanks alot!

Team Adam's

Question

So I go outside to wash my truck. I wanted to put another coat of Machine SuperWax on it and follow with some Brilliant Spray Glaze. It's a beautiful day, slightly overcast - no big deal. I get the truck wet, ready for it's drying wipe down and out of nowhere the WIND picks up!

So what do I do if I need to wipe down and it's windy?

The only thing you can do is preventative measures to minimize damage. I pulled the truck in the garage and re-rinsed it down. I'm using more Detail Spray than normal to help lift any remaining dust off the paint before I dry it. Remember, Detail Spray acts like a lubricant to lift dust up and off paint before the towel comes across to dry any water.

If you can't get inside a shelter to dry water off before it dries grab a bottle of Detail Spray and soak your vehicle. It'll help prevent water spots while the vehicle dries so when you come back later you'll be cleaning up dried Detail Spray, not grabbing clay bar and removing sediment.

Fish eyes and micro scratches are the result of damage. If you know it's going to be windy then grab some Brilliant Spray Glaze and give your vehicle a once over, this will allow dust to fall off easier since there is less friction on your paint.

2 answers to this question