Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cutting Power question.

jeast

Question

The RP (Revive Polish) has cutting power right ? What does RP, SHR, and FMP do to a clear coat ? My car's paint seems to be real soft, does any one know anything about 05 GTO paint ?

14 answers to this question

The RP (Revive Polish) has cutting power right ? What does RP, SHR, and FMP do to a clear coat ? My car's paint seems to be real soft, does any one know anything about 05 GTO paint ?

The way it should go is the shr is the most adbrasive then you go to the fmp which is very less adbrasvie then you apply the revive. I think the revive is more a cleaner i have heard of it cutting some oxidation down on one post. And i think the gto paint should not be that hard to correct.

The way it should go is the shr is the most adbrasive then you go to the fmp which is very less adbrasvie then you apply the revive. I think the revive is more a cleaner i have heard of it cutting some oxidation down on one post. And i think the gto paint should not be that hard to correct.

Im talking more about it hurting my clear coat. Does it take some of the clear coat off ?

Im talking more about it hurting my clear coat. Does it take some of the clear coat off ?

IF it would take clear coat off adams would not make it. You do not need to worry. All the revive polish is is a shine enhancer.

It takes a combination of things to rip through a clear coat - a Porter Cable coupled with any Adam's polish is not that combination. You have nothing to worry about and it's completely safe to use.

Just hand right now but I want to get a pc soon.

If you are doing this by hand, then you'll rip you some new finger tips before you'll even come close to going through the clear. Fixing scratches using the PC is called paint correction. Fixing scratches by hand is called...

Exercise. lol.gif

I want a PC but I just dont want to use anything that will take off some of the clear coat.

In order to repair scratches in the clear coat, you must remove some of the clear coat. Now keep in mind that the amount of clear coat that you are removing is extremely minimal when using Adam's products, however, some products by manufacturers like Meguiar's are capable of removing clear coat and some paint too. Adam's doesn't sell anything that brutal.