Customer Service 866.965.0400

VRT on trim

OIF Vet

Question

We after my 3 day detail was complete it was just a matter of time before it rained. So when the rain came and went I noticed that my door handles are dull again. They are no longer a nice black, but they are more of a gray dull color. The questions that I have is did the VRT? My tires are still looking good but the door handles look horrible. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Rob

5 answers to this question

Hi Rob

On the hard plastic the VRT will run off a little in the rain. Take a MF towel, not one of your good ones, and dip a corner of it in APC and scrub the door handles down good. Then apply the VRT again, that will get you a nice clean base to start with :hi::hi::hi:

That will happen with VRT since it is a water-based product. Tires are mushy and porous, so two coats of VRT on them will be pretty durable. Hard plastic is a different animal - there's not much for a water-based solution to "grab" onto. Cleaning the area thoroughly will help the durability a little, though.

That will happen with VRT since it is a water-based product. Tires are mushy and porous, so two coats of VRT on them will be pretty durable. Hard plastic is a different animal - there's not much for a water-based solution to "grab" onto. Cleaning the area thoroughly will help the durability a little, though.

I have this problem as I live in WA. Was the IOS resistant to rain?