Customer Service 866.965.0400

I wish this could be fixed...

RedSVT95

Question

Today I went out to work on the hood of the Lightning. When I bought the truck a few years ago, I noticed water spots on the hood. Soon enough I realized that the spots were not going to come out by hand. I think the truck was definitely a victim to acid rain, as you will see from the spots on the hood. So far with the PC I have used SHR with the orange pad, and FMP and RP with the white pad. I have worked less than quarter of the hood, and there has been an improvement, but at certain angles the spots are still visible. I have tried various methods with the PC, but I want all of your opinions as to whether this is a waste of time, or if I can actually get these spots out. The pictures are below. The first two pictures were taken while I was clay barring the hood, and the last three show the results from what I did above. In the last picture, you can still see the spots.

Thanks,

Brian

16 answers to this question

Compounding would probably be the fastest way to get rid of that stuff. Before that, though, I'd give it another hit with SHR.

What compound would you recommend, and is it effective with the PC? At this point, I have made at least 2-3 passes with the SHR. With each pass it seems to get better and the paint doesn't feel rough, but I have spent hours on this part of the hood and still have much more to go.

Thanks,

Brian

You could try the pre-wax cleaner.

He said he tryed the revive polish. I would say do a couple more passes with the shr. If it doesnt work go heaver. But i would say it will come out eventually with the shr it looks just like hard water spots to me.

Any updates on this, Brian??

The hood is still not finished. The front edge of the hood looks pretty good because that's where I can apply the most pressure, but there are still spots elsewhere. I may have to give Power Gloss a shot since I can't apply much pressure towards the center of the hood with out it caving in and I don't have a ton of time on my hands (I work Mon-Sat and this truck is my daily driver). Let me know what you think...

Brian

The hood is still not finished. The front edge of the hood looks pretty good because that's where I can apply the most pressure, but there are still spots elsewhere. I may have to give Power Gloss a shot since I can't apply much pressure towards the center of the hood with out it caving in and I don't have a ton of time on my hands (I work Mon-Sat and this truck is my daily driver). Let me know what you think...

Brian

Keep in mind the Power Gloss is much more abrasive than SHR so be mindful of pressure and OPM's when first starting out with it.