Customer Service 866.965.0400

neighbor got a boat

Krzdimond

and the sides are PINK:help::help:

The question is, will my gen II pads, SHR, FMP and MSW work on gelcoat? What do I need to do differently? Is there a special "process" for gelcoat?

Will detail his boat on the 5th, so as much info I can get before I start would be appreciated.

What brand is the boat?

I don't know, to me it's just a big boat. 26' with a chevy 350 in it. WAS black white and red, now its gray beige and pink.:(

I'll try to steal a pic when I get home tonight.

A direct call or PM to Adam might be a good idea, too. I know his stuff is fine for boats, but with the limited number of forum members with that experience, it could be good to get the word from the man himself.

Then, Captain, you'll become our resident boat detailing expert. :jester:

Rich

Slimy Grimy on the bottom works the bees knees! Takes VERY little effort as well but it's VERY caustic so rinse well.

I've been boating since I was 2 years old and I've seen almost everything.

SHR, MP and coat with Americana works GREAT but for that boat you may want something a bit more abrasive to start with. Remember that gelcoat will yellow if anything with silicon in it is used on it so you're safe with Adams. I use 3M finesit with great results on gelcoat as a start. Gelcoat likes heat so a rotary would be the best to use on the pink parts or any faded/flat parts. I used my PC on our boat but it's relatively new and the boat has been very well taken care of. Green, Blue, Red and Black are the worst gel coat colors. Red and blue being the worst of those 4 though. Red turns pink and blue turns light blue. You'll never get it perfect but you'll get it a lot better than it is now.

Good luck!

Chris

You need to show your neigbhor some adams so he can put it on that mustang and also to fix that dent in the door.

Done.... TWICE!! She brings it over "when she can't take it anymore" I also did his truck, which he hunts in, twice. He says that he'll bring it over after hunting season..... in December.

Anyway, here's an update on the boat. Couldn't finish due to thunderstorms and lightning.....

Process: Orange Gen II pad with SHR set on 6 on the PC.

That's it.:thumbsup:

Before:

SDC10076.jpg

SDC10081.jpg

SDC10082.jpg

50/50

SDC10078.jpg

SDC10083.jpg

And the "so far" afters:

(Polished from back to about 1/2 way between the wheels on the trailer)

SDC10075.jpg

SDC10080.jpg

SDC10077.jpg

Finished it today:banana::banana:

Rained on and off all week, so it took 4 days to complete:mad:

Rain was threatening again today, so there is no sun, but the boat will go out into the water tomorrow rain or shine and I am NOT responsible for the condition when it returns:rolleyes:

SDC10084.jpg

SDC10085.jpg

SDC10091.jpg

SDC10093.jpg

SDC10094.jpg