Customer Service 866.965.0400

What is the best thing to put on Floor matts

11chevz71

Question

I was wondering what is the best thing to do to my husky floor liner floor mats. I use to put vrt on them and they would get slippery but it bring back the color in the mat. Would leather conditoner do the same. Or should i just leave them go.

13 answers to this question

I was wondering what is the best thing to do to my husky floor liner floor mats. I use to put vrt on them and they would get slippery but it bring back the color in the mat. Would leather conditoner do the same. Or should i just leave them go.

I would use the 1:3/4/5 VRT to water trick. Thats what I do and they aren't very slippery at all.

Jesse, you have the Weathertech's right? I have those as well and when i first got them i did VRT and found it too slippery at first, but since my first application i just use a foam pad and a very sparingly spread it out, wait a few minutes, then come back and wipe it with a normal towel(no sense in using a good MF towel for floor mats). It looks clean and its no longer slippery!

Jesse, you have the Weathertech's right? I have those as well and when i first got them i did VRT and found it too slippery at first, but since my first application i just use a foam pad and a very sparingly spread it out, wait a few minutes, then come back and wipe it with a normal towel(no sense in using a good MF towel for floor mats). It looks clean and its no longer slippery!

I am using them on my matts which are husky. My dad has the weathertech. I think i am going to do what you said. Thanks for the tips everybody.

I am using them on my matts which are husky. My dad has the weathertech. I think i am going to do what you said. Thanks for the tips everybody.

That works great too. I have found if you have a place where you don't have to worry about overspray the 1 part VRT and 3 or 4 parts water trick does great and doesn't leave them slippery.