Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirls

boltsfan

Question

Well... I ran out of time last weekend (too many bbqs and hungover) so I ran the black Benz through its first hand car wash. At least the guy asked me if I did not want them to use brushes to scrub the panels prior to washing and I obviously said yes.

Anyways, got it home and as expected, I immediately noticed swirls all over as I was wiping down with the DS. I have the Swirl and Haze Remover and am looking forward to using it for the first time this weekend. Gonna use the S&H and then the Buttery Wax.

Only gonna run it through a car was wash from now on when it is only absolutely necessary... cause it just causes me more work down the road.

14 answers to this question

Well... I ran out of time last weekend (too many bbqs and hungover) so I ran the black Benz through its first hand car wash. At least the guy asked me if I did not want them to use brushes to scrub the panels prior to washing and I obviously said yes.

Anyways, got it home and as expected, I immediately noticed swirls all over as I was wiping down with the DS. I have the Swirl and Haze Remover and am looking forward to using it for the first time this weekend. Gonna use the S&H and then the Buttery Wax.

Only gonna run it through a car was wash from now on when it is only absolutely necessary... cause it just causes me more work down the road.

I think you should start with a really clean surface, so you need to clay the car first IMO. Otherwise the S&H will be trying to do more than it is designed for. You're talking black, no flaws can be hidden from black. Good luck.

I was using an automatic touchless wash in the winter but I ended up scraping my driver side rims on some stuff inside the machine because the design is so old it wasn't meant for wide low profile tires. Now I wont even go threw automatic washes. I'm only going to go to the kind where you can spray it off yourself with the pressure washer and I'll only do that in the winter.

Same thing happened to me last year. Took the car through a touchless car wash but i scraped my rim from the metal guard rails on the bottom.

Ya the guiding rails. That if your off by a couple of inches screw up your rims. I could make an insurance claim against the shop, but the cost of the two rims wouldn't be worth my effort at this time.

It's ok stuff happens. I was an idiot for leaving them on during the winter anyway. Maybe some time I'll post some pics and see if there is anything short of getting new ones that I can do. Also the salt from the winter was pretty harsh on them. They are not staying on this year.

I am always afraid of those rails in the drive through touchless car wash. I scares me even more to have some random dude trying to straighten it out at the hand car wash.

I'll continue to use the touchless on occassion as it saves me some time even though I know the detergents are a little harsh.

I am always afraid of those rails in the drive through touchless car wash. I scares me even more to have some random dude trying to straighten it out at the hand car wash.

I'll continue to use the touchless on occassion as it saves me some time even though I know the detergents are a little harsh.

Just dont use as offten and the detergents should not be a problem