Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana on Big Red. (Tons of pics!)

Got to use Americana on the Vette today, results speak for themselves. First 4 pics are BEFORE Americana, Just MSW. After that its all paste.

CIMG0183.jpg

CIMG0184.jpg

CIMG0185.jpg

CIMG0186.jpg

This is a side by side, the quarter panel has APW the door has SMW

CIMG0193.jpg

APW

CIMG0198.jpg

CIMG0199.jpg

CIMG0200.jpg

CIMG0201.jpg

CIMG0210.jpg

CIMG0211.jpg

CIMG0214.jpg

CIMG0216.jpg

CIMG0221.jpg

CIMG0223.jpg

CIMG0224.jpg

CIMG0226.jpg

CIMG0228.jpg

CIMG0229.jpg

CIMG0233.jpg

CIMG0235.jpg

Only thing I have to say that isn't positive is the wax started to spin in the tub. And I suck at taking pictures, I don't know why some of my pictures are fuzzy.:help:

A lot of people have said their wax spins in the jar...but mine is still stuck in place. If you pinch the sides of the jar while you twist the applicator the wax should stay in place.

I also finally Americanaed my vette today too. I added some pics in my 're-adamized' topic.

:2thumbs:

A lot of people have said their wax spins in the jar...but mine is still stuck in place. If you pinch the sides of the jar while you twist the applicator the wax should stay in place.

I also finally Americanaed my vette today too. I added some pics in my 're-adamized' topic.

:2thumbs:

Thanks for the tip Gerry, thats what I ended up doing, it seemed to work. I just had to be extra careful and apply very little pressure to the wax.

I noticed with mine now that I've used it a few times, is that there is a circular indentation in the wax itself where I tend to put my fingers on the applicator, so if you view it from the side it starts to look like a W. You can keep the paste nice and flat in the jar if you grab the app handle with your whole hand and press down with your palm as you turn. I tend to use my fingers to push down (don't know why) and not only does it make the paste itself uneven but it doesn't cover the whole applicator evenly

Sure is amazing stuff though :glasses:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb121/bgredchevyvette/CIMG0216.jpg

^ Money :2thumbs:

I noticed with mine now that I've used it a few times, is that there is a circular indentation in the wax itself where I tend to put my fingers on the applicator, so if you view it from the side it starts to look like a W. You can keep the paste nice and flat in the jar if you grab the app handle with your whole hand and press down with your palm as you turn. I tend to use my fingers to push down (don't know why) and not only does it make the paste itself uneven but it doesn't cover the whole applicator evenly

Sure is amazing stuff though :glasses:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb121/bgredchevyvette/CIMG0216.jpg

^ Money :2thumbs:

HMM, I'll have to watch out for that, thanks for pointing that out. It is amazing, wipe on and wipe off, it's that simple.

Thanks!:cheers:

Thats a great looking vette!!!! Gotta love those ccw rims too!! What do you use to polish them up?

Thank you!!! I use Adams Metal Polish to keep them looking good, I still use the old stuff so MP 1 when they are dirty and MP 2 before a show. BSG also works great on them. :2thumbs:

Looks great Kevin :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

PS

I'll give Mythbusters a call to see if they can do a show on this Americana Spinning problem :confused::confused::confused:

I've never tried spinning an applicator on top of a tub of wax, I think the only reason people are doing it with Americana is that the applicator has a handle and the way it fits in the tub.

I have always just swiped an applicator across the top of the wax and that is still what I do with Americana. Apply it to the applicator the same way you apply it to the paint, back and forth, no circles !!!!!

Very nice!

C5 & 505a's go perfectly together! Probably the best wheel/car combination made. My eye's are on the CCW classics for the Z though, just because they are different than what most people put on.

Is that a maggie under the hood though?

Thanks for the compliments everyone!!!

Very nice!

C5 & 505a's go perfectly together! Probably the best wheel/car combination made. My eye's are on the CCW classics for the Z though, just because they are different than what most people put on.

Is that a maggie under the hood though?

Nope, head, cam, intake, full exhaust, stall and stage 4 trans.:burnout:

Ah, nice mods. It looks like the cowl designed to clear the maggie is why I asked.

Our Z is still stock, but my plans for it include H/C with usual bolt-ons. I wouldn't mind reducing some low-end torque, first is useless stock! Granted I am still running the stock Crapyear F1 SC's so some sticky rubber will fix that. Whenever I buy the CCW's they will be wrapped in either 555R2's or Pilot Sport Cup's.