Customer Service 866.965.0400

Applicator and MF storage/seperation

CWBowen

Question

I was wondering how everyone is storing and keeping the applicators seperate. I am mainly looking for ideas and how many applicators and MF towels I need. Example- 1 storage bin for VRT with a applicator and a MF towel for wiping off excess, 1 bin for window washing MF towels and so on. I bought 8 shoebox size rubbermaid containers at walmart for a start and now I need some ideas on how to label and seperate them.

Also how do you label/seperate stuff like wash pads? Such as if you have a good pad for paint, another for lower body paint and maybe one for wheels or door jambs. How would you know which one is which?

Thanks again.

10 answers to this question

At the moment, I have my sponge tire applicators in baggies. I use two different dressings (like VRT and another brand) so dedicated bags. I keep the mf towels for my quick detailer, spray wax, and glass cleaner usually in a cabinet draped over the bottle so I can keep them straight. I have reserved a baggie for my interior dressing since I just started getting more organized myself. I am going to cut up an foam applicator (the open cell foam) to make more smaller applicators. I tried writing in marker on a terry cloth applicator but it bled when I washed it since I was considering dedicated applicators. Net, have no real system but see a need.

I have just gotten my fist batch of adam's products and I just wanted to do everything as correctly as possible from the start. And finding a good method for this would be a big help. And space isn't really a issue in the garage for these items.

The only things I keep in ziploc bags are my mf towels and applicators so they don't get dirty while in storage. Tire/trim/interior sponges and buffing pads are just on a shelf, and the wash pads stay in the bucket with the drying towel and hose nozzle with the lid sealed

The only things I keep in ziploc bags are my mf towels and applicators so they don't get dirty while in storage. Tire/trim/interior sponges and buffing pads are just on a shelf, and the wash pads stay in the bucket with the drying towel and hose nozzle with the lid sealed

How do you keep track of which wash pad is which (top of car pad and bottom of car pad) and which applicators or mf towels belong with which products? Also do you let the wash pads and dry towel dry before sealing the bucket?

Thanks

I thoroughly clean out my stuff after using them, so I don't label them per product or top and bottom since they are, for lack of a better term, "reset" after washing them (for microfiber, I use cold water, some Woolite, and a tiny splash of bleach, and let them soak). I do have one Adam's towel that has been used a lot more than the others, it's visibly worn compared to the rest so it's easy to distinguish, and I only use that towel for door jambs, wheels, etc. I make sure all of my towels, pads, etc are completely dry before storing them back in a bag or the bucket

I found that putting anything in the bucket with the lid closed tight just makes for mildew and dampness since it is close to impossible to get all the water from under the lip on the bucket. I make sure now that I leave the lid on loose to let things dry. My wife got tired of me putting my microfiber and sponges all over the place and got me a nice tupperware large container. Once everything including microfiber, polishing, and drying towels and sponges are dry I store them in there. My applicator for Americana Wax sits in the jar and now I leave a sponge with Waterless Wash sit on the shelf so I can smell the coconut everytime I walk by. I love that smell! You should have heard some comments when I used it this weekend at the car show. I don't know what I like more the smell of Detail Spray, Americana, or Waterless Wash. Great job with the nose appeal Adam!

The lip does trap water if you try to pour it out, so what I do is shake out as much as possible then soak up the rest with the waffle weave before washing it. I should have mentioned that I keep a small desiccant bag in the wash bucket below the grit guard when it's stored, just in case there's any moisture left over in either the bucket, towel, or wash pad