Customer Service 866.965.0400

Our New Addition Coming Tomorrow

70'sChevyGirl

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well in the morning at 5 am I get to get out of bed and drive to some hick town in Ohio and go to a scrap yard with a few screw guns and take apart a Camaro before it is destroyed. The guy tells us that everything is there and he only wants $200 for the whole car. I just want the parts not the body. We only have until noon to strip the car of everything we need. This is such a deal. You have no clue how much my husband has spent on Ebay.

I plan on listing all the parts that I have left over back on Ebay. Hopefully, we will make our money back.

It is suppose to be raining in the morning. :(

This is gonna be fun. :jester:

Well that was a fun road trip today. We finally got all the parts unloaded out of the back of the Yukon. We stripped that beat Camaro of everything we could think of that we might need and then alot of stuff to sell on Ebay.

The car we picked apart was a POS!!! I was all nasty and had sat in a farmer's field for years. Mice and Rats had been living in it at one point or another.

DSC000042.jpg

We took just about everything except for the seats and the front and rear windshield, console, hood and decklid and a few other misc parts. 3 of us had drills going for 3 1/2 hours. I hope everything goes back into our project car as easy as it came out.

DSC000012.jpg

I am really going to give Adam's the test soon by seeing what it can actually do with these parts. :pc::pc:

DSC000052-1.jpg

The Chrome that I needed to go around the front and rear windshield was in great shape. I am pretty happy right now. :D

I am a bit envious, Teresa.

Still on my to-do list is a complete rebuild of a classic Mustang. Just don't yet have the car in hand, or the rebuild scheduled into the calendar. I think the start of that project is still at least a few years off.

But the best thing about a project like that is the incredible satisfaction of investing all the sweat equity towards an incredible finished product. Makes you love your car that much more when your behind the wheel of that "new" old car with a killer paint job and sweet motor. :banana:

Cool.

I want a '67 fastback. :drool:

Had to continue adding to the fund once the movie 'Gone in 60 Seconds' came out and nearly tripled their prices overnight. Not to mention they're even tougher to find now.:help:

Saw a beautiful red '67 GT500 a few weeks back, but don't have an extra $300k lying around to take it off the guy's hands. If I did, I'm sure I could enjoy the car without having to go through the full restoration process. ;)

Notice the '07 GT500 beside it? That's his too - nice pair he's got. Though my '07 is a little nicer, so that sweet '67 would look a little better sitting beside my car. :rockon:

• 1 month later...

That GT is a nice car. I hope my dad's turns out similar in color. We are painting it red. The interior is red and white. I am amazed at how much cheaper his Mustang is to restore compared to how much I spent on my Vette.

We sold the Miata tonight and I have been selling some of the misc parts on Ebay we got off the stripped car that we don't need. I got $81 for a plastic jack cover!! :rockon::rockon:

Now my husband can order his race trans. :burnout:

This car is coming together.

Now I need to start a website-something like-Donate for the Girlie's 572 Big Block Fund. If I can get 16,000 people to each donate a $1 I'd be in. :lol::lol: