Customer Service 866.965.0400

First paid job

Toms94

Question

Guys, this past Saturday night, after church, one of the guys caught me and said "My son tells me you know about cars." (me) Yea, a little, what's the problem?" (him) "Well, I've got a couple of scratches on my new pickup, I wonder if you can get them out." (me) "Well, let's have a look." So when I go to see the scratches, it's a brand new Chevy Colorado crew cab LT Black metallic paint. There are a couple of scratches one by the gas door and a couple more on the hood. After looking at them I tell him I could probably get the one by the gas door out without any problem, but the one on the hood is pretty deep (I catch my fingernail in it). So I tell him to bring it over Sunday afternoon. So when he shows up he has already washed it and he proudly declares it "clean". So I get a sandwich bag and tell him "Here , check how clean it is." Well he is shocked, so I pull out the clay and proceed to clay the area of the scratch. After going over it pretty good I have him check it again and he is totally amazed. And on top of it the scratch is not nearly as apparent.

Then I break out the PC and the SHR. I work it over for a while and the scratch is nearly dissappeared. He is so tickled that he says, "How much to do the whole hood?" I say, well (then I stammered around, not knowing what to say). He pulls his billfold out and takes a $100 bill out and says do the whole hood. I told him it would take me several hours to do, he said "Fine, let me know when you are done." So I proceed to work on it for about 2 hours...clay, SHR, FMP, and then MSW. While I'm at it I go ahead and polish up all the chrome and VRT the plastic trim and tires. I take it back to him and he is thrilled to no end. He is going to clay the rest of it and then bring it back so I can FMP and MSW the rest.

Thanks go to Junkman for his videos and the rest of you for the support.

12 answers to this question

I told the guy if he would Clay bar the truck I would put a coat of wax on for him to match the hood. Well, last night he called and said he had gotten it done, so I had him bring it back today after work. I think he really appreciates the work involved he said he took 2 hours a night for the last 4 nights to clay the truck...I just laughed at him and said "It's a lot of work isn't it?" Anyway I got it done a little while ago and here's the results. It's a black metallic, very striking.

ChevyColoradoDetail005.jpg

ChevyColoradoDetail004.jpg

ChevyColoradoDetail003.jpg