Customer Service 866.965.0400

Couple of ?s if I may..

Stan DaMann

Question

Hello - first time here.

I just have two questions I haven't been able to get answers to by looking around;

1) Is it okay to use the PC on plastic body parts? Bumpers and what not?

2) What's the lowest temp the swirl remover, polish and "Buttah" (as Junkman says -love his videos) can be applied? I'm in the Chicagoland area and we're already getting a bit nippy.

My goodies arrive tomorrow for the first time and worry it may be too late for the season temperature wise unless we get another warm up...

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

On some painted plastic parts (like spoilers) the paint may be thinner so be careful but in general where there is paint you can polish.

I have been able to do most anything I wanted at around 50-55 F in the garage when it was much colder outside (30's). This is where rinseless and waterless washes really come in handy.

Welcome to the forum Stan, I'm just south of Chicago. I know what you mean about getting cold already, its rediculous!

If the plastic pannels are painted yes treat them like the rest of the car. As for the temp, I've done a full detail on my jeep in about 45* weather. That was outside though and I was in the garage.

And just another point on cold temps; be sure to store your Adam's products inside during the cooler months -- it's not recommend to let let get below 45 degrees or so. (Or to keep them in crazy-hot garages if you live someplace like TX, NM, AZ or NV.) :patriot:

And just another point on cold temps; be sure to store your Adam's products inside during the cooler months -- it's not recommend to let let get below 45 degrees or so. (Or to keep them in crazy-hot garages if you live someplace like TX, NM, AZ or NV.) :patriot:

I kept a thermometer with a memory (recorded lowest temps) in the garage last year just to see how cold it got which is how I knew it was 50 F inside when I started and 55 F or so when I finished. Halogens can heat up the garage.

I found the garage was usually 10 F warmer than outside but never seemed to drop below 45 F even when below freezing (20 F is cold here) since it is attached to the house.