Customer Service 866.965.0400

Some Odd PC Symptoms...

KodiakBlack

Question

has anyone had any trouble keeping the plastic cover to stay on the head of the PC. My 7424XP's black cover keeps popping off...

And also. for some odd reason my PC i think is bent... when i spin the pad it seems to wobble. i have the Gen1 pads with an Edge2k Adapter. its seated all the way in. It appears the adapter is crooked but also threaded on correctly. and yes i do have the washer on.

and also how bad is it to run 6" pads with a 5" Counter-Weight???

12 answers to this question

The old PC's (7424) could be used without the handle and the black piece would stay on. The new PC's (7424XP) are different. The black piece pops right off if you hit or lean on it just right. If you put a replacement bolt into the hole, that will eliminate this problem.

It seems that all of the backing plates have a tad bit of wobble to them so this is common. If your PC doesn't vibrate excessively, don't worry about the counter-weight. Your setup is just fine without a need to change it.

Edited by Junkman2008

The old PC's (7424) could be used without the handle and the black piece would stay on. The new PC's (7424XP) are different. The black piece pops right off if you hit or lean on it just right. If you put a replacement bolt into the hole, that will eliminate this problem.

It seems that all of the backing plates have a tad bit of wobble to them so this is common. If your PC doesn't vibrate excessively, don't worry about the counter-weight. Your setup is just fine without a need to change it.

i dont have backing plates, i have the GEN1 pads i think that clip into the PC using the adapter. any ideas??

Edited by Junkman2008

Hmm, on the plastic piece coming off, using the handle fixes that quick! Even if you don't use it, like AJ says, putting a bolt in the hole will keep it on.

As for the wobbling of the Gen1 pads, let's get you setup with the Gen2 pads and the problem will die. Email me your info, and we'll work an arrangement that you can live with.

Thanks!

Adam@AdamsPolishes.com

-Adam:thumbsup:

Hmm, on the plastic piece coming off, using the handle fixes that quick! Even if you don't use it, like AJ says, putting a bolt in the hole will keep it on.

As for the wobbling of the Gen1 pads, let's get you setup with the Gen2 pads and the problem will die. Email me your info, and we'll work an arrangement that you can live with.

Thanks!

Adam@AdamsPolishes.com

-Adam:thumbsup:

thanks adam! i emailed you earlier last night. thanks again!