Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rainy Day protection

Saiko_56

Question

So i live up in the Northwest in Washington and as everyone knows the weather just blows up here. What do you offer for protection against all of the stuff we get around here? I wanna try to wash, clay bar, and wax my baby before we get the nasty stuff. so what do i need to pick up?

6 answers to this question

Great question and thank you for joining Adam's Forums!

Rainy weather means a rough and tumble life for your clear coat, plastic and rubber trim, and glass. We are here to help!

You'll want to give your GTO and very good cleaning to start then just maintain the wax protection to help get you a shiny winter season.

I looked at your list of things you'd like to do and I want to also suggest polishing. Polish comes after clay bar and before wax. It's the deep chemical cleaning of your paint after the clay bar cleans all the physical contaminants from your clear coat.

Take a look at our free Detailing Videos first and take some notes, it's an invaluable resource for the first time detailer:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx

Since you want to wash, clay bar, and wax we have two kits perfect for you to cover those bases plus the right products to help maintain your newfound shine and reflection. Depending on if you see yourself polishing and waxing with a machine or by hand, we've put serious thought into these two kits:

Complete Machine Essentials Kit:

320.jpg

Essentials Kit or Absolute Essentials Detail Kit:

99.jpg....85.jpg

ok well the videos helped for sure. so if i wanted to get a complete package to go from step one to finish would i need to get one of the essentials and the machine polish package. i think that i want to do the machine polishing rather than by hand but do i absolutely need anything in the essentials package?

If you want to stay 100% machine polishing/waxing, I'd suggest the machine essentials, a bottle of VRT, and a bottle of Car Wash. This way you'll have pretty much everything you need to do the complete detail procedure

Edited by GerryC

The Essentials Package contains a more rounded approach to detailing: it contains tire dressings and the larger essentials kit comes with interior products and gallon refills. What we have no problem doing is custom tailoring a kit to meet your needs - it's part of our 110% satisfaction guarantee! From first introduction to the day you hang up your keys for good we are here to provide you with service and products that are unmatched!

If you wanted to go with a start to finish system including the machine we usually go with the Complete Machine Essentials Kit and the Perfect Wash Kit. That way you get all the step 1 products (wash and dry) plus the clay bar and polishes/waxes needed to finish the job.

Machine polishing and waxing gives you results you could never attain by hand. While our Revive Polish and Buttery Wax are what put us on the map with their ease of use and beautiful results, allowing a machine to do all the work plus upgraded products are what set our machine systems apart from our hand system.