Customer Service 866.965.0400

Shampoo/Clay/Bw question

Pepper

Question

My SLK is my daily driver, I live in the city and only have a car cover (no garage), with 32K miles.

I'm going to wash with Adam's shampoo. Do I need to dry it completely before clay barring the car? Will some water mess with the lubrication of the DS spray?

After claying, if I don't rewash, should I just wipe off the DS with a MF towel or should I use a water hose to get it off, then dry completely before applying the Buttery Wax?

Thanks,

Valerie

1 answer to this question

My SLK is my daily driver, I live in the city and only have a car cover (no garage), with 32K miles.

I'm going to wash with Adam's shampoo. Do I need to dry it completely before clay barring the car? Will some water mess with the lubrication of the DS spray?

After claying, if I don't rewash, should I just wipe off the DS with a MF towel or should I use a water hose to get it off, then dry completely before applying the Buttery Wax?

Thanks,

Valerie

You don't need to dry it off completely after washing it before you clay...it will not hurt having some water on your car while you are claying...

After claying I personally would suggest washing again to make sure you get all of the clay residue off the car before you wax, then completely dry the car before applying the buttery wax...get ready for a nice shine from the buttery wax!