Customer Service 866.965.0400

How often?

Wrenchin

Question

How often should you clean or your orange pad when using swirl and haze remover? Could you wait until finished with the whole car start to finish? Or would it be better to do a body panel/part at a time?

Any advise on the other color pads?

I should have my big order on this Friday :mail:

6 answers to this question

By clean out, do you mean actually washing the pad? Unless you ordered more than one orange pad, I wouldn't clean it out halfway through because the foam pads take a long time to dry after you wash them. If you use the right amount of SHR then you shouldn't have to clean out the pad until you are finished. Once the pad gets to the point where there is a considerable amount of SHR on/in it, spray it once with a mist of Detail Spray and it will 'reactivate' all of the product that is inside the pad, so you don't have to keep adding more SHR. The same goes for all the colors.

I was looking at pad washers and seen about the pads not being effective if not clean. They had a chart showing that it was better to clean the pads about 30 mins after use. I cant seem to find the same site were I viewed it. I'm guessing that it was just product hype?

I was looking at pad washers and seen about the pads not being effective if not clean. They had a chart showing that it was better to clean the pads about 30 mins after use. I cant seem to find the same site were I viewed it. I'm guessing that it was just product hype?

I think that means to clean it within 30 minutes of when you are done using it so the product doesn't dry in it :2thumbs:

I don't think you need one unless you use your pads every day!:glasses:Just wash by hand when you are finished!

I think that means to clean it within 30 minutes of when you are done using it so the product doesn't dry in it :2thumbs:

:iagree:

I don't clean my pads half way through a detail.

Before I begin I prime the pad, this puts a certain amount of product on the pad or in its pores so that it works as soon as it contacts the surface. Naturally is a pad becomes heavily soiled I remove it and put on a fresh one but that doesn't happen very often.