Customer Service 866.965.0400

Another Metal polish ?

694doorbird

Question

I've started doing the bright work on the Thunderbird. The stainless around the front and back windows are coming our great. When I apply the polish to these parts the towel I'm using (cheap microfiber from walmart) keeps turning black. Wipe with Adam's polishing towel and the trim is very shiny. Should I continue until the towel quits turning black? On all the other trim I didn't get any black on the towel.

Get to try the power ball on the rear bumper tomorrow!!

10 answers to this question

Here is a pic of our Camaro bumper after I used the polish for just a few minutes by hand. In this pic I wasn't even done polishing the left side. You can definately tell which side I worked on and which side that I hadn't.

DSC00123.jpg

The polish made the bumper looks fantastic!

DSC00126.jpg

I want to see pics when your done. :D

Here is a pic of our Camaro bumper after I used the polish for just a few minutes by hand. In this pic I wasn't even done polishing the left side. You can definately tell which side I worked on and which side that I hadn't.

DSC00123.jpg

The polish made the bumper looks fantastic!

DSC00126.jpg

Looks good Teresa!:2thumbs::burnout:

No need for the powerball as this is a chemical cleaner not an abrasive, and yes keep doing it until no more black comes out, that is all dirt robbing you of shine :2thumbs:

Thanks, I'll keep at it, no matter how long it takes!! I do know that it is brighter than it was before. I was thinking the powerball would be faster.

Luckily, my bumper isn't that bad. I will post pictures when this project is done. I'm hoping for a nice day on Friday, so I can move the car out of hidey-hole and finish.

Here are pictures of my window trim. This is after about 15 minutes in working in one 12" section. The trim is nice and shiny, shiner than it's ever been. However, the microfiber towel (cheap Walmart version) I'm using still comes out black. I put the metal polish on with that towel until it turns black. Polish it with one of Adam's super plush towels until shiny. When I put the polish on, I use a new section of the towel, so it's always clean.

Microfiber towel

Cleaningmicrofiber.jpg

Window trim

Windowtrim.jpg

Window trim close up

Windowtrim2.jpg

I'm at the point that it's not getting any shiner. I'm not sure if the towel is just a trait that the stainless steel has. So far, all the other bright work is coming out with clean towels. I start the rear bumper tonight (maybe).

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Videos_DVD5_28.aspx

Ok, here is the problem. The metal polish is a chemical cleaner not an abrasive. Wipe it on, wait a few minutes for it to dry to a haze and then wipe it off. Working in in like a polish is not going to help it, it just needs to sit and work on it's own :2thumbs:

That must be my problem then. I've been trying to work it in. I will do your method tomorrow!! One of the last few days with above normal temps.

I miss the warm weather already :(

I'm building a fire right now :help::help::help:

I'm taking yours and Bills advice and not opening up the powerball package. I bought one a year or so ago, never opened it and misplaced it. Found it out in the shed, and that's where it will stay.

It's 63 degrees out there right now, so I'm backing the car out of it hiding spot and finish up this chrome work:D. Then I need to vacuum up some leaves:(