Customer Service 866.965.0400

Super Plush Microfiber

Hey all,

A quick couple of questions. I use these towels only for my Vette along with the detail spray and am starting to see some lint being left on the car. I've had them for a couple of years now, so is this why? Just getting worn out? I've ordered new ones already. Also, I wash them seperately, put in a bit of vinager, and air dry them. I heard this is the best way. Is this true? Any suggestions would help.

Hi Scott-

First, welcome to Adam's forums. You'll find lots of great info here. :cheers:

As for the lint -- that topic has come up a few times. It's never happened with my MF towels and honestly can't recall what the proper answer is, but if you search around a bit I'm sure you'll find the threads (generally I HATE when people just answer with "do a search" but in this case it will get you the info you seek a lot faster).

Good luck, enjoy, and post up some pics of your Vette when you get a chance -- we can't have enough pics around here. :D

Rich

It seems like microfiber towels can be a hit or miss when it comes to lint regardless of the quality. I've used cheap and expensive towels and some lint and some don't from both groups. For example, I've bought inexpensive microfiber towels from Target before that didn't lint and worked great. I went back about a year or two later to get some more. The towels were the same brand, color, packaging, etc, but the new set I got lint like crazy. I've also seen more expensive towels lint like the Cobra from Autogeek, and from what I've read on here some have had issues with the blue super plush towels but not all. The last set of towels I ordered was from Chemical Guys, and those don't lint, but that's not to say that another set would work the same. Having said all that, I would still stick with a quality towel vs cheaper ones when it comes to the paint.

i asked ashley this same question and here is what i was told

(You want to boil a pot of water and place the towels in there for about 6 minutes. After that, remove the towels and place them in the washer with liquid detergent. Finally, throw them in the dryer on delicate.

This should solve the problem.)

It seems like microfiber towels can be a hit or miss when it comes to lint regardless of the quality. I've used cheap and expensive towels and some lint and some don't from both groups. For example, I've bought inexpensive microfiber towels from Target before that didn't lint and worked great. I went back about a year or two later to get some more. The towels were the same brand, color, packaging, etc, but the new set I got lint like crazy. I've also seen more expensive towels lint like the Cobra from Autogeek, and from what I've read on here some have had issues with the blue super plush towels but not all. The last set of towels I ordered was from Chemical Guys, and those don't lint, but that's not to say that another set would work the same. Having said all that, I would still stick with a quality towel vs cheaper ones when it comes to the paint.

And these are a couple years old :2thumbs:

Archived