Customer Service 866.965.0400

Frozen Windows! Help

ExpressThis13

Question

Every singe winter my truck windows get frozen and this year I tried putting in some inchannel window visors to help but its not helping. I dont smoke but sometimes I like to crack my windows in winter to help with defoggig a little bit and just some fresh air if it gets to stuffy in the truck. Do you guys have any ideas what I can use to help keep my windows operational.

9 answers to this question

If you drive around for awhile and the truck has had a chance to heat up, do the windows work? If so, it sounds like condensation from driving your truck may be freezing the window to the felt/rubber. When your truck is warm inside, and the air is cold outside, condensation is much more likely to develop. Then when you shut the vehicle off, the condensation freezes and won't let you roll the window down until it thaws out.

I know it's not an Adam's product but I really like Rain-X. Try lowering the window a bit and applying it over the entire glass. It will repel water and it almost seems like a slippery polish that might help the window from sticking to the felt in the door frame. I apply 2 coats after a wash. Give it a try. Good Luck, TJCIN

Archived