Customer Service 866.965.0400

water spots?

kingc6

Question

this weeked ill be detailing my excursion and f-350. both trucks are black so this will take spme time. the excursion is a 2000 and is in worse shape then the 350. its never been garaged and waxed every 2 years or so. i finally built a big enough garage so its inside now. On the hood of the excursion there is spots that look like water spots but are permanent. ive tired clay and SHR but there still there, im guessing from sitting outside and the water drops drying. any tips on how to remove it? other than that both trucks just have a ton of swirls.

IMG_0990.jpg?t=1268811622

5 answers to this question

without seeing a picture, but I am guessing it might be etched in the paint, if that is the case, I am just guessing here but you might have to wet sand it out. I am sure the Junkman will chime in, maybe you can get a pic of it.

Yes, etched in water spots may have to be wet sanded out or attacked with more aggressive measures and equipment. Without seeing it in person and testing the finish, it is hard to say. That would take a lot of dedication on your behalf if you had to wet sand it. We're definitely not talking a weekend job.

Yes, etched in water spots may have to be wet sanded out or attacked with more aggressive measures and equipment. Without seeing it in person and testing the finish, it is hard to say. That would take a lot of dedication on your behalf if you had to wet sand it. We're definitely not talking a weekend job.

:iagree: Like AJ said without seeing them its hard to say. However the Yellow Pad with SHR will work if they are not to deep.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">

479.jpg

</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"></TD><TD width="46%"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's Dual-Action Extreme Swirl Killer Pad</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Those are a couple of great vehicles! I would do 3-4 passes with the yellow pad on the hood of the Ex and see how they come out. Just FYI a full correction on an excursion including claybarring and whatnot with a PC is probably looking at 20+ hours if its in as rough of shape as you say it is.

Archived