Customer Service 866.965.0400

Stone chips and touch ups?

larrygto

Question

How long should the paint cure on touch ups before you start polishing? I know your supposed to wait before you wax, but I'd like to get a head start on the polishing. Plus do you really have to wait that long to put wax on little chips I can understand when the car is sprayed and a large area has to out gas, but I would think touch ups would cure much quicker? :confused:

Thanks Larry

2 answers to this question

:welcomebanner: Larry! I guess it depends on how deep the chips are and how many coats you are going to touch up. You could polish first then touch up after. You can take a q-tip with a little alcohol to clean the polish out of chip so paint would adhere good.Then if you want to wax over touch up areas you could do that after a day or so. My .02 cents.:thumbsup: Post up some pics of your GTO!:burnout:

:welcomebanner: Larry! I guess it depends on how deep the chips are and how many coats you are going to touch up. You could polish first then touch up after. You can take a q-tip with a little alcohol to clean the polish out of chip so paint would adhere good.Then if you want to wax over touch up areas you could do that after a day or so. My .02 cents.:thumbsup: Post up some pics of your GTO!:burnout:

:cheers::D:rockon:

Archived