Customer Service 866.965.0400

Shipping Question

I just checked on shipping a gallon of APC to Tennessee and it was $11 plus some change.I thought that was a little pricey so I added some SHR,Revive polish,Flippad and a bottle of car wash shampoo and the shipping was still the same.By adding those products I added weight to the box and it still was $11 plus some change to ship.The gallon of APC with the 15% off is like $25.36 but shipping is almost half that.Doesnt seem to make much sense.Any ideas?

Shipping is priced by weight, zip and box size. Location has much more impact on the price than the relatively light weight of a gallon of liquid. I know with UPS the price increase for weight can be in large gaps (10lbs or more). That gallon probably put you at the bottom of the second weight tier and the other items didn't weigh enough to get out of it.

My last order shipped for $8 something I believe and it had a gallon of GWC and a few light things. Location has a huge impact on price and it isn't necessarily based off distance.

Most websites also do a generic calculation.

I've found that to be true on most website stores. You can usually add a lot more and pay the same. I usually have a large list of stuff to get when I do order. My order last week was a 200 dollar order. I do that every so often. I am a BAD customer of Adam's in the winter though. Nada!

Chris

Shipping is priced by weight, zip and box size. Location has much more impact on the price than the relatively light weight of a gallon of liquid. I know with UPS the price increase for weight can be in large gaps (10lbs or more). That gallon probably put you at the bottom of the second weight tier and the other items didn't weigh enough to get out of it.

My last order shipped for $8 something I believe and it had a gallon of GWC and a few light things. Location has a huge impact on price and it isn't necessarily based off distance.

Bingo. The fedex software does the calculation for us... its a combination of weight, size, on top of whatever the base rate to ship to your specific address is. Sometimes adding a few products of the 16oz variety to a gallon order will only add a couple of cents b/c it generally does not make the packaging any larger, and only adds a little bit of weight.

• 1 month later...

Archived