Customer Service 866.965.0400

Placed my first real order

ExpressThis13

Question

I have only ordered the sample pack in the past so now I really get to try Adams products. Though its not huge but I just placed my order today of the Daily Special which is the Revive Polish, SH Remover, and a free buttery wax. I have been waiting on this special for the past couple weeks and when I saw it today I got all excited :banana: I also ordered the Hex grip pack and some detail spray. Cant wait to get it and hopefully give it a try this weekend. I know its not gonna be PC results but needless to say I am very excited to just see what kind of results I can get out of my car just by going hand. :mail:

23 answers to this question

Sittin here browsing the forums and then the dog goes nuts and surely enough I look outside and its fedex dropping off my order!:mail: Got all my stuff and the hex grips were bigger then I though they were. I was very excited I went out to our garage and hit a fender of our 91 black mustang gt conv. with SHR, Revive, and then some buttery :banana:just to get a feel for the products and I must say I am impressed! :2thumbs:Its not PC results but I think it looks pretty good for a hand polish job especially just a quick one. I cannot wait to polish my car this weekend.:willy:

My mom just bought a 02 Lincoln LS Kind of a lighter blue color metallic. She wants me to Clay and wax her car so I think I may have just opened a huge door where my family is gonna want all the cars done.:help: Maybe they will help with the adams fund.:pc: My uncle wants me to do his ext cab 08 F150 and its black also. I like black but dam its alot of black.:help: So within the next couple weeks I may be gettin pic happy on you guys. maybe in the future I will get myself a pc but for now im gonna stick to hand polishing. what kind of protection can i expect from buttery? I know its not gonna be like americana or msw but will it last at least a couple weeks? Since its so easy I will probably be waxing alot more often then I thought:mail:

Yeah I got a couple Adams Stickers with my order as well and Im not one for stickers but I may have to put it somewhere just to show whats keeps my ride lookin the way it does.

OK here's the jest from Dylan... Thought I was nuts there!

"TECHNICALLY" it isn't classified as an abrasive, though it does have abrasive properties. Its about the same 'cut' as toothpaste. It gets its polishing ability more from the pad than it does the product.

FMP is actually a diminishing abrasive... the particles in it are super fine to being with and get smaller the longer you work the product, thus DIMINISHING the cutting power the longer its worked. Again with this the white pad providing part of the cut.

Really I think it confuses people, but on a technicality type of standpoint nothing we sell is classified as an abrasive, weird as that seems.

So long answer short... there are solids in both products that 'polish' the surface, but do not abrade.

Revive is a whole other monster... it is a paint cleanser, the blue pad gives it some mild polishing ability, and it does have some very minor FILLING properties to it to help mask imperfections, but these are very very very minor fillers... they don't hide much. Its more a result of the gloss enhancing properties doing some filling than an intentional filler added to the product.

That make sense?

Yeah I'm not going for the perfect paint job but I do want it to shine with minimal swirls n such. Hell you can see just driving around here cars that go through automatics or waterpark and they are swirled to hell. My paint is in pretty good shape as it sits right now though I haven't taken a light to it just being out in the sun it seems to have minimal swirls right now. In adams video he says it doesnt have abrasivs in the SHR so it doesnt matter which direction you go with the product.

NO WAY he says that...:o Which video? SHR feels gritty. Revive doesn't have abrasives.

Chris

Yeah I'm not going for the perfect paint job but I do want it to shine with minimal swirls n such. Hell you can see just driving around here cars that go through automatics or waterpark and they are swirled to hell. My paint is in pretty good shape as it sits right now though I haven't taken a light to it just being out in the sun it seems to have minimal swirls right now. In adams video he says it doesnt have abrasivs in the SHR so it doesnt matter which direction you go with the product.

Problem is you should follow SHR with FMP not revive. Revive is more of a pre-cleaner before applying wax then it is anything. I don't believe it has any abrasives in it. SHR is Adams most abrasive, followed by FMP and then Revive which (as far as I've been told) is more of a super paint cleaner.

So IMO you need FMP to follow the SHR or just go with FMP.

I'm guessing you're like me and you're not going for perfection like AJ and others do on their "Sunday" cars right?

If so then go with Revive and top with Buttery and see what you think. Try a panel and go from there.

I don't think it matters what Dawn you use as long as it's not the Oxy Clean or other weird ones. I had the wife pickup a bottle of regular 'ol blue dawn for my first wash this year which I will follow up with a wash with Adams to help neutralize the dawn.

Cheers,

Chris

Now what would the proper way of applying these products? Ive seen in the video for Hand Polishing that Adam does some S&HR and then puts some Revive right on top of it. Would this be a good way to apply it all over the car or did Adam just do that to save some time or to show that it can be done? I also know to give the car good claying and wash afterwards but I also know to use some Dawn to get the old wax off of the car and I also know to only use it once maybe twice a year because it dries up trim and stuff but should I wash it with Dawn before clay or after or maybe both? Also would applying say 2 coats of SHR and revive in one day hurt anything? I plan on doing 2 coats of buttery just to get some measurable protection because I dont like to wax my car every single weekend but about every 2 or so. Oh yeah just checked my order tracking and it looks like it will be here on friday.

Also does it matter what Dawn to use? We got some apple smelling crap in the kitchen that it doesnt say with Bleach or anything like that so would it be safe? Lemme know guys.

Ill have to take you up on that chris though Im sure once I give the PC a try I will probably end up buying one just because I will probably like it so much. I know hand polishing wont give the results of a PC but my car is 8 years old with alot of scratches n crap but hey might as well make it look as good as I can right?

You will enjoy trying out your new products. I know (by hand) that the Revive will make a noticeable difference in the clarity, depth (and possibly) color of your finish. And the buttery will be the grand finale - great stuff. Get ready to be impressed :)

when is the party at your place? and idea on the g8 meet when it would be?

August 19th-22nd.

Not sure about the party at my place though... Depends...

This isn't going to be a clinic where I show you or others how to do things. Hell I learn EVERYDAY I come here. I've done a lot of it several times and every time I do it, I get better but I am no where near detail clinic material... lol

I'd still love to let anyone play with the PC and other Adams items.

Chris

Hey hey... Party at my house!

I'm hoping to have Adams (AJ) at the National G8 meet this August as well... It's believe it or not being held here in the QC... :o

when is the party at your place? and idea on the g8 meet when it would be?

Well you're in LUCK! I won't let you drive my car and then that won't be an issue! lol

Hell I don't even let my wife drive it and she doesn't want to for fear that if something happened a vein in my brain would pop...

I asked her to go get her/our car cleaned before a trip this last winter. She put up a fight as it was late at night but she was a good wife and got it cleaned so it didn't sit for 10 days with salt all over it. She knows out of the three bays at the wash we use, to use the first two as they're touchless with blow dry. Yeah well... She screwed up and went through the touch with blow dry... She came home SOBBING! Like out of control crying... Of course she was also 5 weeks prego so she was a little imbalanced in the hormone dept... Funny story though... I couldn't be mad at her... Just said please God don't do it again...

OK sorry for boring you...

I'm hoping to work on my car this weekend. I have 3 sets of D/A pads for the PC and a set of 4" pads as well as a crap ton of other stuff with more on the way.

I know if I leave it up to you to call me that it'll NEVER happen but let me know when you get your products. I'm by NO MEANS an expert but we can have fun amazing ourselves with your car.

Chris

You know I've offered my stuff for you to try... Maybe hit some bad spots on the car with your SHR and my FMP...

No hidden agenda here man... I like my wife... lol J/K

Congrats on the purchase.

Chris

Archived